facebook

what will help girls stand out?

by: girl from oos

My mom was an alpha chi at her school, and keeps telling me that "with all you do and how cute you are, all the sororities will be fighting over you!!!" And even though I think some of that will help, I know how competitive Alabama is, and I have been really busy and stressed about getting all of my recs and everything :(

I'm from out of state and I do pageants. WheN I was at bama in April for an audition into a group here on campus, all the current members wanted to talk to me cuz I was a "novelty", but I hope my talent is what got me into that group haha. Will that help or hurt me during recruitment?

I also have a 3.6 gpa and took a lot of ap classes and volunteered a lot, and I'm looking for that in sororities over partying.
(Sorry just saying stuff so y'all have more information to possibly help)

Thanks and roll tide!

Posted By: girl from oos
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: please   

Please take this off this board before it is too late. Everyone will know exactly who you are and how shallow you sound. It is going to really hurt your rush and AXO will drop you after the first day. Take it down.

By: please
#2  by: .   

I fail to see how the post makes her look shallow?

By: .
#3  by: Guest   

She doesn't sound shallow at all, but seriously, this needs to be taken down (I had no clue that you could remove posts though lol). You gave out a lot of information about yourself and I don't think you realize that it could hurt you when sororities figure out who you are.

Good grades, involvement, connections, personality, recs, etc. are all needed for Alpha Chi or any other of the strong houses. But you just never know how rush is going to go. I wouldn't worry because it will work out how it is supposed to, and worrying won't help any. You sound like you will do well, just make sure you're fully prepared and be confident and have fun! But seriously if there is actually a way to delete this post then I would because you sound like a great girl so I wouldn't want this post to come back and bite you (even though you did nothing wrong).

By: Guest
#4  by: MINE   

If you think you were a "novelty," you're wrong.
Alabama has dozens of pageant girls coming through recruitment and AXO has dozens, if not hundreds, of legacies.
Our girls are very, very good at making you feel special, but please don't think you really are all that.
You have decent grades and you must be attractive if you're into pageants. Relax. Enjoy meeting a lot of people through rush, but go with the group in which you are most comfortable. In the long run, THAT should be your top choice.

By: MINE
#5  by: Han   

I'm calling bs on this one.

By: Han
#6  by: GoGreek   

I hope this is fake or else you just "outed" yourself and are going to have a pretty bad rush.

PNM's, it's ok to ask questions on here but NEVER EVER give our identifying info like this poster did with her legacy, GPA, and pageant info. It just rarely ends well....

By: GoGreek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.