facebook

on campus

by: Truth for PNMs

This is basically the "rankings". We could sit here all day and debate which house is better than who but at the end of the day if you join any of the top 9 houses you're good. Any of those could be considered "top house" based on whatever criteria you want. So here it is, anyone who disagrees isn't on campus clearly:

you're good: AXO, AGD, XO, PM, KD, KKG, DDD, Pi phi, ZTA

You're eh: ADPI, APHI, AOII

Not so great: DZ, KAO, DG, GPB

Posted By: Truth for PNMs
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: on campus   

while some of that is true its not 100% theta has done some serious shaping up and is surpassing a lot of what you consider to be top tier houses. I'd at least put them in eh. XO has been on probation for majority of year and KKG has a reputation for partying a whole lot so personally I wouldn't want to be associated with them.

By: on campus
#2  by: pnm   

why is ADPi ranked so low?

By: pnm
#3  by: PNM   

As a PNM that used to stalk this website daily, all I can say is thank God I have grown some sense. I will take everything I read on this site with a grain of salt. Why should I be worried about if I pledge a "good" sorority or not? Will I have no friends if I go to an "eh" sorority? Will I be laughed at and made fun of for joining what people consider to be a "not good" sorority? I feel like the answer to all the questions above is simply "no".
The thing is, no, I haven't fully experienced greek life yet. I'm not an expert. However, I am not ignorant to the fact that my transition from college will be a stressful, overwhelming experience and I will need a safe place to go when times get tough. Don't you want a sorority that will help you to grow as an individual? Don't you want to feel comfortable at your "home away from home"? Do you want to spend great times with your sisters or do you want to spend time on this website writing posts like these?
I went to 12 out of the 16 houses on Saturday and from what I gathered, there are all types of girls in each house. Skinny, bigger, beautiful, plain, smart, sassy, spunky, stylish, not so stylish, dull, rude, awkward, outgoing, funny, reserved, girls who were cheerleaders and prom queens and girls who played in the band, premed majors, communication majors, elementary education majors, preppy, hipster, you get the idea. Ranks aren't what I'm concerned with.

By: PNM
by: PNM cont. Mar 31, 2015 10:37:14 AM

No, finding a home and sisterhood that will help me grow into a well rounded young adult is what I'm more worried about, whether it be "bottom" or "top" tier.

By: PNM cont.
by: Active Apr 1, 2015 11:28:10 AM

You are the type of girl that I would love to call my sister. It is so refreshing to see PNMs on here that actually understand what being in a sorority is about. I am sure that you will have a successful rush experience and I wish all the best for you!

By: Active
#4  by: PNM 2   

Also, take a look at each sororities TUMBLR page. The so called "not so great" show pictures of beautiful girls having fun. In the scheme of things, it's only the insecure "girls" sitting anonymously behind their computers self ranking. Anyone that believes this, or will only want a certain house because of their so called rank, and not the actual girls in the house, will have one heck of a bad college experience.

By: PNM 2
#5  by: Active   

lol yeah look at the tumblr pages so you can see like the five hot girls that aphi or adp have. It's sad to see how hard the bottom houses have to try on this site to get pnms.

by: Active Apr 1, 2015 11:37:21 AM

Grow up. I hope to god you aren't in my sorority.

#6  by: Active    

I am a member of a "not so great house" and do you know what? I love my sorority and I am so proud to be a part of it. You can make lists to put us down and tent talk us and say whatever you want to say, but that won't change that. My sorority has helped me grow so much as a person during the last four years and I don't know what I would do without it. I preffed two houses that you have put as "better" than my house and I picked my "not so great" house before both of them because it was wher I felt the most at home and I can not be more grateful that I went with my gut and picked the right place for me. Your sorority is your home away from home, where you will find your future bridesmaids and friends for life. It shouldn't be a popularity contests. I understand this is Alabama and it would be ridiculous to hope that people will never try to rank houses in tiers or whatever, but ifs really sad how people are so obsessed with rankings. This isn't high school anymore. Grow up and realize that there are more important things than what sorority you were in. Yes, my sorority is a huge part of my life but it isn't the only thing that defines you. Ultimately, PNMS, pick the right house for you--the place where you feel at home, whether that be Phi Mu or ADPi or Gamma Phi. I hope each one of you has the great experience that I have had the past four years.

#7  by: ????   

What is wrong with adpi? they had beautiful girls at their party and they have a huge house

By: ????
by: ?Apr 1, 2015 3:24:55 PM

What is wrong with ANY sorority at UA?

By: ?
by: OpinionApr 1, 2015 4:02:22 PM

Nothing is wrong with it! This is one girl's opinion.

By: Opinion
#8  by: ???   

What makes some great and others not so great?
Wouldn't you say looks make a large part of it?

By: ???
#9  by: Agreed   

I'm all for picking whatever house you fit best into regardless of what "tier" they're in. I don't understand why anyone would want to be in the most hated sorority on campus with the lowest gpa. At the end of the day if that's where you fit, then go for it.

By: Agreed
#10  by: Eh    

Just three tiers doesn't really work. While Pi phi and zeta are good, they're no where near the same caliber as the others up there with them.

By: Eh
by: LolApr 2, 2015 9:18:09 PM

"Not on caliber" just because those two are not old row? If old row and new row didn't exist they would surpass Kappa and KD by far. Old row is the only thing that keeps these two at the top of these stupid tiers.

By: Lol
by: AgreeApr 3, 2015 3:02:51 AM

We all know top 5 houses are axo, phi mu, xo, agd, and ddd. Kd and kappa remain up there simply because they are old row. Yeah they party and some fraternities (dke/sae) like them, but they are not respected on campus even slightly.

By: Agree

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.