facebook

rush

by: Senior

So I'm a senior and just committed to Alabama. I've pretty much grown up around white people my whole life but I'm black. I tend to dress more preppy Lilly Pulitzer, J.Crew etc. I'm really interested in rushing next year can you all tell me which sororities wouldn't take me because of my skin color? And which ones would be a good fit for me? Thanks! (:

Posted By: Senior
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Active    

Don't rush

By: Active
#2  by: And   

That would be proportional bc not that many came out

By: And
#3  by: Active    

Don't let the fact that your black stop you from rushing. You'll have a fair game at any sorority. Girls get dropped if there GPA is below average and they have an extreme difficult time holding a conversation.
You'll be fine!

By: Active
#4  by: Active in a Sorority    

RUSH! There are plenty of African American women in my chapter, along with several other sororities on our campus. We aren't looking at skin tone, we're looking at the best fit for our houses. Going Greek is an amazing experience and you shouldn't be hesitant solely because of that.

By: Active in a Sorority
#5  by: Bigsis   

ALL the sororities want to be more diversified and are seeking out women of color - even the so-called Old Row.
Relax.
Find good friends who make you feel comfortable - that's where your home is. It could be any one of 17 sororities at UA.

By: Bigsis

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.