facebook

dg legacy

by: Rushing

I'm deciding between ole miss and alabama. 3 women in my family have been DG's at ole miss. The chapter there is great. I've visisted both Bama and ole miss and fell in love with the DG girls at ole miss.. But I love the campus and everything else at bama more. I know the DG chapter is new at alabama but how bad are they? Will they ever pick up? I have a great resume and could probably go any sorority I wanted.. But Id like to carry the DG tradition on.

Posted By: Rushing
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Honestly    

DG is kinda blah here. It'll take them years to get on their feet. If your heart is set on delta gam go to ole miss. But there are lots of amazing sororities at alabama. Keep an open mind and dont choose the school soley for the sorority

By: Honestly
#2  by: They may be   

new back on campus after recolonizing, but I will admit compared to some of the other sororities they are more involved and have done pretty well the short amount of time. They will take off, just need time.

By: They may be
#3  by: :)   

As far as new row goes, DG is actually pretty decent here. They get crap for being new and that definitely has its drawbacks but they've really come far. Their last couple of pledge classes have had some cute girls and it seems like they're putting themselves out there so I'd say give them a chance

By: :)
#4  by: Go to ole miss   

I know DG is mid-top tier at ole miss while it's bottom tier new row here.

By: Go to ole miss
by: First offMar 1, 2015 9:53:31 PM

Don't go to a college based on a sorority you might not even get a bid to. Go to a college where you think you would be happy spending the next 4 years. Then go through recruitment with an open mind and join a sorority that is best fit for you. With so many legacies going through Ole Miss and Bama, there is no way they can fill an entire pledge class with just legacies.

By: First off
by: Really?Mar 2, 2015 12:53:21 AM

Mid-tier?
You must be a ChiO.

By: Really?
#5  by: Listen girl   

I swear to God you will be so miserable if you pick your college education based on a sorority. Fix your priorities.

By: Listen girl
#6  by: Darling   

You preface your ultimate question with "how bad are they?"
Please. Do yourself a favor and PRAY that ANY group will take you, here or at Ole Miss.

By: Darling
#7  by: yeah   

DG has been on campus for about five years now. They are comparable to ADPi, AOPi, Alpha Gam, and DZ. They are also machine backed, very involved in philanthropy, and love to party.

By: yeah
by: this isMar 4, 2015 12:51:12 AM

the first honest description of DG I've seen on here

By: this is
by: Not even closeMar 4, 2015 4:10:57 PM

to similar to AGD. Dream on.

By: Not even close
#8  by: Zzzzzzzzz   

Please go to Ole Miss. We don't need another girl who's dumb enough to pick her school based on a sorority she may not get into. Being a legacy is no guarantee btw. Lots of houses have more legacies going through recruitment than they can give a bid to.

By: Zzzzzzzzz
#9  by: do what you think   

My roommate from freshman year was a dg and she and her friends were the most down to earth people ever. All of my friends in my sorority loved them too and we still all hangout! They are very chill and very involved in philanthropy. I would compare them too and AOPI and ADPI. People always say they "have never met a nice DG" but every one I have ever met has been nice. There grades are not top but they are cool because they have a huge variety of girls, not just one stereotype. If I were not in my sorority I could see myself being in DG!

By: do what you think
#10  by: Well   

This fall will be their 5th year. They are a solid middle tier house along with AOII, ADPi and Alpha Gam. I've noticed they tend to rush the same type of girls. They don't really have a set "look" unlike some other house.

By: Well

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.