facebook

legacy

by: Pnm

My aunt is CONVINCED I am a legacy to her (she was a DZ) but I really don't think it works that way.. Does it?

Posted By: Pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: !?!?!?   

Most sororities don't consider aunts to be a legacy connection, but maybe DZ is different.

By: !?!?!?
by: Different pnmJan 27, 2015 12:06:05 AM

Which sororities do consider aunts?

By: Different pnm
by: legacyJan 27, 2015 12:31:40 PM

aunt and cousins are indirect legacies, whereas mothers and sisters are direct legacies. basically direct ones are the only ones that matter

By: legacy
by: Google is your friendJan 29, 2015 10:25:21 AM

Sororities I know that consider nieces legacies:

Alpha Xi Delta
Sigma Kappa
Zeta Tau Alpha (ZTA makes a distinction btw direct and indirect legacies and they are treated slightly differently during recruitment)

By: Google is your friend
by: @legacyJan 29, 2015 10:27:29 AM

You are obviously a Zeta because they are the only ones with that policy. Lol good to know who trolls this site

By: @legacy
by: @ @legacyFeb 12, 2015 7:13:58 PM

You're bashing someone for answering someone's question on this website, but you're on here too? Ok..

By: @ @legacy
#2  by: !?!?!?   

Why not suggest to your aunt to call her national headquarters and ask. They will be happy to help her.

By: !?!?!?
#3  by: Google is your friend   

You are not a legacy. For Delta Zeta legacy status happens if one has a DZ sister, mother, or grandmother.

By: Google is your friend
#4  by: NO   

Nieces are not legacies in ZTA-only sisters, daughters, or granddaughters are.

By: NO
#5  by: Ok   

At most schools, nieces are considered legacies. But because Alabama's rush is so over the top competitive, most sororities, if not all of them, only consider mother, sister, and grandmother as legacies. It's getting so competitive that legacies are important, but we really focus on the in-house legacies the most. Meaning your mom, sister, or grandmother was/is in a certain sorority at Alabama.

By: Ok
by: noFeb 13, 2015 7:19:32 AM

it's not a school by school thing. it's a national policy that each sorority has.

By: no

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.