facebook

old row sororities

by: Out of State

Is it true that the girls from old row sororities all come from very rich families? I just don't really understand this when Alabama isn't exactly known for its in-state wealth.

Posted By: Out of State
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: For   

Tri Delt, Kappa, and KD yes. Everyone one else not so much

By: For
#2  by: no   

I'm a tridelt and I am definitely middle class - not extremely wealthy. Seriously. totally average. not a true stereotype

By: no
#3  by: So   

I agree with the Tri Delt, Kappa, and KD statement (even though I'm tridelt and middle class). Even though my friends and I aren't super wealthy there are more of them that are than not. Your assumption that as a state Alabama does not have a lot of money isn't exactly true. While Alabama has a large pockets of empoverished people they do have their wealthy individuals as well (Ono Island, Mountain Brooke, etc). Also think about cost of living, in the South its much cheaper so someone who makes over 150K is going to be consider a lot wealthier than someone who makes the same amount in say Washington DC or in Southern California.

By: So
by: georgeOct 22, 2014 11:04:11 AM

A family making 150K a year is not wealthy even for the south. There are plenty of families here making significantly more than that. Not saying you can't live comfortably making that amount of money, but to call that "wealthy" is a little ridiculous.

By: george
by: ^ @soOct 27, 2014 10:54:02 AM

Just an FYI that Northern California is waaaaaaay more expensive than Southern. The North of California has Steve Wozniak, Jobbs, Mark Zuckerberg, and a ton of high tech moguls. So Cal has the Real Housewives.

By: ^ @so
#4  by: ????   

What do you consider very rich? I'm old row and OOS and where I'm from a million a year will just make you comfortable. Does that make my family very rich if we're just comfortable where I'm from? Its all just subjective and who really cares!

By: ????
by: to ?Oct 21, 2014 8:27:31 PM

I would consider rich the point where you can afford a luxurious lifestyle based on a few years earnings and not necessarily needing income. So I guess I would say over $10 million in the bank and typically at least close to a 7 figure income.

By: to ?
#5  by: There is no such thing   

As old row in panhel or IFC

It is a tag just in BAMA, given to average houses that are sponsored by alcohol companies. Most nationals don't want to be in bed with an alcohol company. Most of this is marketing hype and cheap ppl that are stuck in the past.

By: There is no such thing
by: goodnessOct 27, 2014 9:06:06 AM

You sound VERY bitter!

By: goodness
by: ...Oct 27, 2014 10:50:04 AM

Just a heads up, Budweiser no longer sponsors Old Row and the Old Row party that was at a bar is no longer a thing. JNJ owns the trademark for Old Row now.

By: ...
#6  by: @ so   

Looks like you need to travel.

Yes CA has wonderful beaches and lots of different lifestyles but so say northern is more expensive is crazy. One city San Fran and the computer area may have a nice quality of life but the rest is farmers or urban areas.

Mid CA nice but lots of beachy earthy ppl.

So Calif has it all Hollywood, yes the OC housewives who by they way live in mansions overlooking the hills or ocean. Most have 6k plus square ft homes. DLand and pretty OC planned communities. San Diego that is a vacation spot all of its own. The average income in LA 85k, that's because of the urban area of LAjust like new York. OC has an average income of 110k, again that is lowered by there blue collar areas that service these vacation area like Dland. Average rent for a three bedroom home is close to 3k in most live able neighborhoods. Most mortgage payments are close to 5k for an average home.

Any of this is found on line.

By: @ so

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.