Can a girl rush if she has a kid?

Posted By: Southern Belle
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Yes   

I recommend bringing your kid to parties

By: Yes
by: Southern BelleJul 31, 2014 11:26:06 PM

Really? The girls would be ok with that?

By: Southern Belle
#2  by: rtr   

Be sure to have your kid dressed in houndstooth for each party and let everyone know her name is "Crimsom". (or "Bear", or "Bryant")

By: rtr
by: Southern BelleJul 31, 2014 11:26:45 PM

Thank you(: I have a boy btw

#3  by: No dear   

They are pulling your leg.
Congrats on being a mom, but being in a sorority is not for you.

By: No dear
by: Southern BelleAug 1, 2014 2:53:46 AM

Thank you and I'm ok with that

#4  by: ...   

I know my sorority doesn't have any rules saying we can't give a bid to a PNM who has a child. A girl from my high school had a baby senior year then went to college (not here) and pledged a Panhellenic sorority. She's not married to the dad, but he helps with their son, along with his parents and her parents, so she's got lots of support, which gives her time for school and lets her do pretty much with her chapter. That's the thing -- would you have time for sorority life? I mean, being a good mom to your son is the most important thing, and doing that while taking full-time classes will keep you really busy. But if you've got help and can manage your time, I don't think there's anything that says you can't rush. Somebody correct me if that's not right. Definitely don't bring him to parties, tho.

By: ...
by: Southern BelleAug 1, 2014 2:45:11 AM

I understand and thank you(:

#5  by: hah   

hah no you can't. you gave up your freedom to do these kinds of things when you got knocked up. accept the consequences.

By: hah
by: Southern BelleAug 1, 2014 2:46:03 AM

I did accept the consequences but I was jw.

#6  by: wow   

Only at Bama.....ONLY AT BAMA!

By: wow
by: HonAug 2, 2014 1:01:16 AM

No...happens everywhere, every so often.

By: Hon
by: YesAug 2, 2014 5:25:51 PM

Knocked up girls rush all the time and we always give them bids. We love babies! EQUALITY 4 ALL WE ARE THE UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA.

by: NOAug 3, 2014 12:14:54 AM

I attend a large SEC school and I can tell you that any sorority that gave bids to teenage mothers would be shamed out of Panhellenic.No, it does not "happen all the time".I've never heard of it happening.Get real.

By: NO
by: Southern BelleAug 3, 2014 6:13:23 PM

Thank you all for your opinions.

#7  by: Puhleeze   

I think it is very unfair that I know a couple of guys in fraternities who are baby daddys. They pay child support...then go on their merry way to have the full college experience. Sadly, that just doesn't happen for girls. It is 2014, but that is just the case. I don't judge anyone...there but for the grace of God go MANY of us. However...a "love child"? HOw the heck old are you? NO ONE says that. Or has said that since 1965. Wow!Go away, old person.

By: Puhleeze
by: Southern BelleAug 3, 2014 7:55:11 PM

I'm not from Alabama so I figured I'd try rushing here. Thank you for not being judgmental. I'm actually a legacy and I wanted to be part of the RTR family.

by: GreekAug 4, 2014 3:57:38 PM

Which sorority are you a legacy of?

By: Greek
by: @hahaAug 4, 2014 6:12:48 PM

You are very mean and judgmental. I don't think there is any way a girl with a kid gets to go through Recruitment. Period. But there is never a need to judge someone for something that could happen to many, many girls our age. It is unkind and unnecessary. Grow up.

By: @haha
by: Umm…@hahaAug 5, 2014 12:51:46 AM

You're bringing our school down. That was very judgmental. There are girls who had a baby in high school who rushed at other schools and still got a bid to a sorority. Some even made it into supposed "top tier" ones.

By: Umm…@haha
#8  by: truth   

The original poster doesn't seem to want to accept the truth. The truth is that I don't know any sorority, including alums, that will want to give a bid to a young mother. I agree, that there is a double standard for guys with babies. It is not fair. Personally, I believe that guys that aren't around to raise their babies are not respectable. If you have a child, it's time to grow up. It's too late to try and capture those carefree college days. It's time to put the child first and be a parent.It's too late to be greek.

By: truth
by: TrueAug 4, 2014 10:46:24 PM

Agree on all points.

By: True
#9  by: Yes   

Y not

by: to yesAug 5, 2014 3:50:01 PM

y not? Either you are a troll, don't go to Bama,or...

By: to yes
by: rtrAug 6, 2014 5:09:47 PM

Must be a troll.

By: rtr
#10  by: Actually...   

Be sure to let us know which house you get in, if you are still rushing. If you are a trollette, go away.

By: Actually...
by: RTRAug 10, 2014 11:31:10 PM

I agree, definitely let us know which sorority bids you.

By: RTR

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.