facebook

gamma phi beta?

by: curious

I've heard a lot of not-so-nice things about this chapter on her, but I am strongly interested in their philanthropy and want to know more about this chapter. Any info on how strong their sisterhood appears to be? Who they do swaps with/social calendar? Involvement with their philanthropy? Thanks for any info.

Posted By: curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Honest   

The girls in Gamma Phi are great! Every one that I've met has been nothing but kind to me. Unfortunately they get painted a very negative image, but they don't deserve it! They are very open and friendly and give girls a chance that other sororities will over look for not fitting the "image" of a sorority girl. I believe they are pretty involved with their philanthropy but don't know much about their social calendar. Don't take to heart what this website says, these girls are great girls with an amazing sisterhood! During recruitment ask them about their sisterhood and philanthropy and let them know you're interested in what they stand for! Good luck :)

By: Honest
#2  by: Agree   

Gamma Phi used to be ranked more of a middle house but about 10 or so years ago they gave a bid to an African American girl and unfortunately the campus (and the machine!) were not ready for it. They were punished by the others and have never regained their former position. They're a great house, though, and have a lot of character.

If I were you I wouldn't hesitate to go Gamma Phi. They're very strong nationally and they do have a wonderful philanthropy. This chapter has an amazing sisterhood and are really sweet girls.

By: Agree
by: noJul 30, 2014 3:17:47 AM

I'm sorry, but Gamma Phi was not considered that high ten years ago. It is terrible what this house suffered ten years ago because of racism. That was wrong. However, you can not blame their unfortunate state solely on that event. I just wanted to make that clear. I also want to wish them the best in the future.Hopefully, they will continue to improve and thrive. Best wishes only for you Gamma Phi.

By: no
#3  by: Hey curious   

They talk a lot about their philanthropy on their site. "Girls on the Run" and "Camp Fire".

The Chili Cook-Off and Gamma Phive K are some of the campus events and their sisters turn out in force. So sisterhood is strong even though they have a really big chapter.

By: Hey curious
#4  by: except..   

they have a limited social calendar. so if you're here for that this house IS NOT the way to go.

By: except..
#5  by: Gamma phi   

Doesn't have a "limited social calendar", they swap with many different houses, just like the rest of the houses.

By: Gamma phi
by: The qualityJul 30, 2014 3:40:46 PM

of houses GPB swaps with is different. GPB sisters are rarely found at swaps where Kappa or Pi Phi or other top sororities are at. Yes, they do a lot of swaps - just with smaller, less prestigious houses.

By: The quality
by: GuestJul 30, 2014 4:03:19 PM

they swap with middle tier and lower tier fraternities but in no way have a limited social calendar (they have swaps every week and date parties once a month just like every other house). sorry they house doesn't swap with old row fraternities and from what I've heard from my friends who are gamma phis, they don't want to. Also keep in mind that phi mu has swapped with pike, kd has swapped with chi phi, and tridelt has swapped with kappa sig.

By: Guest
#6  by: anyone   

know where you can find all the dues for the houses?

By: anyone

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.