facebook

GPA for rushhhh

by: argh

Hi, just wondering what gpa would get a PNM dropped from most houses. Thanks.

Posted By: argh
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: gpa   

Below 3.3 is gonna be tough but you may have some extraordinary trait that appeals to a chapter. You will not have a chance with top houses below a 3.75. Rush and see what happens.

By: gpa
#2  by: Greek Chic   

Look at the UA Panhellenic site online and in the 2023 copy of Greekchic you can find the suggested GPA cutoff that each house uses for 1st round cuts. There’s also a chart that lists how many houses you can expect to get back with a certain GPA. Grade cuts are huge and it does seem that the houses that rank higher on here actually use higher grade cutoffs than what is posted in Greekchic. My house cut off was way higher than what’s posted.

By: Greek Chic
#3  by: Check    

Greek chic will give you an idea but most are actually higher than what is listed. Gpa matters more to a sorority than you would think.

By: Check
#4  by: Remember   

You have to keep in mind, rush is a huge numbers game. With thousands of girls going through recruitment GPA is an easy way for many houses to make the drastic cuts required to get through the first round. The girls going through rush here are by and large pretty, well dressed, put together and have a list of extracurriculars. Even with grade cuts houses end up having to let go of some amazing girls. Grades are very important.

By: Remember
#5  by: First cut is the hardest   

There are drastic cuts the first round. My GPA was 4.2, I got back 12 houses first round. My roommate had a 3.7 and got back 5 after the first. She was devastated. We both ended up in two great houses in the end. Don’t get hung up on the first couple of cuts. In the end, just focus on your final two houses.

By: First cut is the hardest
by: Beware of trollsMay 27, 2024 4:39:00 PM

There are so many smart girls, pretty girls, girls from great families, it’s very competitive. Just be yourself and you will land where you should.

By: Beware of trolls
by: This !May 27, 2024 6:32:31 PM

GPA matters more than anything for 1st round cuts. You will not get a top house if you have a low GPA. The top houses use GPA as an easy way to make the deep cuts.

By: This !
by: HuhMay 27, 2024 6:39:06 PM

^ no it doesn’t matter as much as you say. If you looked like you just crawled out from under a rock and come from a broke and poor family and u wear cheap clothing, u r going to get cut

By: Huh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.