facebook

Ranks from a previous Pan Exec Member

by: PanLove

I served on Pan Exec and have disaffiliated from my sorority. Serving on Panhellenic means you get the inside scoop, NUMBERS/STATS, and rush results. Based on ONLY these findings, my rankings are:

1. Zeta
2. XO
3. Tri Delt
4. Phi Mu
^ Top of the top. I know many will roll their eyes at Zeta being first but they did get their choice of PNM’s last year and had a record return rate (probably due to the TikTok popularity/their ability to dirty rush). The only girls they lost went to the other 3 houses listed under them. The rest were cut. XO lost 22-23 (can’t remember the exact number) girls to Zeta, Tri Delt lost 27, and Phi Mu lost 32. A LOTTTT of girls “preffed” Zeta and Phi Mu or Zeta and AXO. Phi Mu was “preffed” a lot with XO and Tri Delt if they weren’t with Zeta. (Zeta and Phi Mu are EXTREMELY similar in my opinion).
5. AXO
6. Kappa
7. Pi Phi
8. KD
^ Middle. KD and Kappa were “preffed” together a lot like always. Kappa crushed them last year. AXO’s numbers were slightly below Phi Mu’s, but did not really take any “highly wanted” PNMs therefore they are in the middle. It sucks, but popularity/social presence does come into play when rushing PNM’s. Pi Phi is a good house, always obeys the rules, but they have some catching up to do.
9. APHI
10. ADPI
11. (the rest)
^ All good houses but the results are really too mixed to distinguish between them all. A lot of mix-matching with the other houses, but the top houses cut more during preference round. Alpha Phi will either sink or swim after this recruitment. Only time will tell.

Again, these are just my opinions based strictly on numbers. Obviously I am not able to physically see the sisterhood on an everyday basis. My point in these rankings is to illustrate that I believe we will see a similar pattern this year. I want PNM’s to be realistic about expectations and which houses are more competitive (in terms of who they select) compared to others. Go in with an open mind and do not let POPULARITY, THE ACTUAL PHYSICAL HOUSE, or YOUR FRIENDS steer you the wrong way. Best of luck everyone!

Posted By: PanLove
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 5
#1  by: Marcy   

Interesting

By: Marcy
by: LolAug 13, 2022 1:10:03 AM

I love how the Phi Mu’s, Kappas, and KD’s are shaking in their boots. Trying to bury this post with other posts claiming they are top tier. Everyone knows the alumni moms are on here posting for their daughters trying to keep their stereotypes up. Things have changed. Phi Mu has the white house and that’s literally it. They have 20 girls they actually want representing their “image” and the rest are hidden. Kappa and KD haven’t been relevant for some time. Honestly hysterical

By: Lol
by: RIGHT!!!!Aug 13, 2022 1:34:11 PM

So true. Posts just like this started after this one with no actual statistical information. People are jealous, especially KD, Phi Mu, and Kappa LOL

By: RIGHT!!!!
by: No oneAug 13, 2022 2:39:29 PM

No one is “shaking in their boots”. They are just laughing at Zeta and all the ridiculous tanks they plant on this God forsaken site.

By: No one
by: New RowAug 27, 2022 5:12:44 AM

Kappa and KD are the queens of self ranking

By: New Row
#2  by: Pnm   

Really?

By: Pnm
#3  by: Wtf   

washed up lies

By: Wtf
#4  by: I hate Greekrank    

Ok I served on Panhellenic too and this is actually true. Rankings are going to vary depending on the PNM but the statistics provided are correct. Zeta, XO, and Tri Delt did the best last year numbers wise. Phi Mu followed but they weren’t even close to the other 3.

By: I hate Greekrank
by: Yep.Aug 2, 2022 8:40:23 PM

Completely agree. Zeta, XO, Tri Delt, then Phi Mu are UA’s top houses. That is the top tier. Anyone who posts differently is just trying to save their own house (or the old row stereotype). PNM’s have to see through this surely?

By: Yep.
#5  by: Intheloop   

🙌🙌
Also Chi o killed it last year !

By: Intheloop
#6  by: Truth   

This is the only accurate piece of information I have seen on Greekrank since March. Doesn’t make any house better than the other, of course each girl has their own fit, but numbers do tell a lot. Zeta, XO, Tri Delt, then Phi Mu are the top houses at Alabama right now and everyone on campus knows that. Old row moms will claim KD and Kappa are but they have not been relevant in 3-4 years. AXO is good too but they don’t compete with those top houses anymore, only with AGD. Thank you for this.

By: Truth
by: maybeAug 5, 2022 1:01:53 AM

that being said…. you also need to consider retention rates too, lots of girls dropped ZTA and KD after the fact but AXO and Kappa had the highest membership retention after rush

By: maybe
by: Huh?Aug 10, 2022 1:16:08 PM

AXO and Kappa…? Lol ok girl

By: Huh?
#7  by: Aunt Gin   

My speculation is most PNMs fall into two groups - those who want to join a sorority for the social media/looks aspect and those that want an authentic house with genuine sisterhood. I think Zeta and Phi Mu appeal very well to the first group. Chi O and Tri Delt are definitely both very appealing for that second group.

By: Aunt Gin
by: Yes!!!Aug 2, 2022 3:14:53 PM

I completely agree with what you’re saying. However, I do want to say that just because a house is the more “looks/social media” type house does not automatically mean they have a terrible sisterhood. For example, I am in a house that was not even mentioned in the original post (not a looks/superior standing house obviously) and regardless of that fact there was no sisterhood aspect at all. The top houses will always have “better” sisterhoods than the lowest ranked ones because the members are working towards a common goal or even an appearance. I had one Zeta roommate and one Tri Delt roommate and they both have had a better experience than me. Both have amazing friends. It sucks, but it’s how it works now. PNMs: If you know you won’t like a house that you have left, don’t even waste the money. I told myself “just try it out” and ended up dropping. Positivity is a great mindset to have, but you also have to be realistic on where you fit in.

By: Yes!!!
by: @Yes!!!Aug 12, 2022 2:40:14 PM

It's possible to find sisterhood in any house, but you've brought up something a lot of people don't like to talk about.

Bottom houses try to sell themselves as having better sisterhood and being more real than top houses. While many of them truly do, there are others that have terrible sisterhood. One of the biggest reasons is when the chapter is split into two main cliques: the unsocial girls and those who are pretty and fun but got cut everywhere else. I've read similar stories on other GR pages where the first group holds the power on exec and bullies the second group out of jealousy.

By: @Yes!!!
by: YESAug 13, 2022 12:49:03 AM

^ totally agree. I think it’s hard for PNM’s to distinguish between the sisterhood each house has though. I do think a lot of the “bottom” houses or even top houses that compete with other top houses come on here to try and ruin a house’s image. These girls really just need to go where they feel most appreciated and where they had the best conversations.

By: YES
#8  by: Bella   

Aunt Gun nailed it.

By: Bella
by: BellaAug 2, 2022 2:10:06 PM

I meant Aunt Gin

By: Bella
#9  by: True    

Those that have the highest return rates DO tell a story about how PNMs rate them. Frankly that is how the rankings should be set, not on how things used to be. Congrats to these top 4 houses.

By: True
#10  by: Hahaha    

Whenever i read Aphi put themselves on spot 9 I know it is a lie.

By: Hahaha
by: WellAug 4, 2022 7:43:58 AM

This actually isn’t too hard to believe unfortunately. APhi is probably the worst house on campus, but I feel like the PNM’s who desperately want Zeta or Phi Mu and get cut settle for APhi over houses like DG, SK, Theta, DZ, AGD, etc. I am sure they later regret it (as they should), but people need to realize PNM’s aren’t always sure of what they are getting themselves into with APhi.

By: Well

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.