facebook

do you really know?

by: Then again

Again we are seeing an influx of moms disappointed, unhappy, even enraged that dear, perfect daughter did not get a bid.
No. 1 - Did dear daughter drop out because the few sororities worthy of her did not see it the same way? Did she still have invitations to so-called "lower tier" groups but "couldn't make a connection" there? In that case, no sympathy.
No. 2 - grades. There's a reason we ask for a transcript. Right - we can see that she loaded up with easy courses her senior year to get a high GPA.
No. 3 - Sometimes moms are clueless about DD. DD has wonderful grades, is gorgeous, personable, witty, involved, killer wardrobe. But DD sometimes is also hateful to other girls. Or DD sleeps around and is well known for it. Moms would not know something like that and nobody's going to tell them.

Posted By: Then again
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Stop troll   

Literally the exact same post on the auburn page

By: Stop troll
by: TrueAug 20, 2013 10:01:40 AM

True for any campus.

By: True
#2  by: greekchat   

I recognize this language from the website greekchat. It is for old people to relive their college days. Deeeeeee-scusting!

By: greekchat
#3  by: Mean and not real   

This is not a real person at UA, this post is on other colleges pages. Also it's really mean. It's obviously someone who just wants to make sororities look bad. If they would use their time more constructively maybe they would've gotten into a sorority too.

By: Mean and not real
#4  by: Well...   

It is all pretty true, in my opinion. Those are three reasons girls don't get bids.

By: Well...
#5  by: Actually   

I think it's all pretty true, too. Especially number one. Lots of times when someone says they didn't get a bid, it's really because they dropped out on their own. They didn't like their invites after a round, so that's it for them. Dropping will definitely keep you from getting a bid.

By: Actually
#6  by: +1   

it's totally true for all schools. some pnms think they are so much better than they are. grade risks. qr. we don't ignore that shizzle.

By: +1

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.