facebook

what are the real sorority rankings here?

by: Haylie

What are the real sorority rankings here? Top tier? Mid Tier? Bottom Tier?

Posted By: Haylie
Post Reply Report
Page 7 of 16
#61  by: @Sorry   

Pretty unkind thing to say, dontcha think? Actually Gamma Phi is getting better every year. In fact I'd say they're more at the top of the bottom or bottom of the middle now. I'm from out of state, so I don't instinctively understand the old row thing, but I'm lucky to be in an old row house. Still, I loved the girls I met at Gamma during rush.

By: @Sorry
#62  by: @#63   

I agree. Gamma Phi is 200% better than they used to be. Six or seven years ago they would struggle to get 30 or 40 girls during formal rush when quota was in the 60s and 70s, and they were on the verge of losing their charter. They've worked their butts off to get where they are now, and they deserve a lot of credit for pulling themselves back from the brink.

By: @#63
#63  by: @sorry   

Sounds like you have quite the issue with Alpha Gam for some reason. All the houses at UA have great girls and rush is very competitive.
The truth is Alpha Gams are considered one of the best and definitely top-mid tier. These girls are sweet, beautiful, and intelligent. Bear Bryant's great granddaughter is a member here as well.

By: @sorry
#64  by: AGD   

Alpha Gam is definitely not middle of the road. Just check out their website. Beautiful sweet girls who are well respected on campus :)

By: AGD
#65  by: rankings   

AXO/Phi Mu/XO /DDD
KD/AOII/AGD /KKG
ADPi /ZTA/Pi Phi
GPB/DG/APhi
DZ/Theta

By: rankings
#66  by: Haha   

Phi Mu is mid tier. AOII is Not upper middle should be lower. GPB should be higher they had a great rush. DG is moving up!

By: Haha
by: yepAug 17, 2015 11:59:02 AM

I walked past most of the sorority houses, and was pleasantly surprised by Gamma Phi's pledge class. They did good.

By: yep
#67  by: Fixed   

1) AXO, XO, KKG
2) Phi Mu, KD, DDD
3) Pi Phi, Alpha Gam, AOPi, ZTA
4) ADPi, APhi, DG, DZ
5) Gamma Phi, Theta

By: Fixed
#68  by: Thank you   

Thank you Pi Phi for your opinion. You think too highly of yourself. More like #10 or #11

By: Thank you
by: You're welcomeOct 24, 2012 3:39:47 PM

Pi Phi is the best New Row sorority and has been for years. #sorrynotsorry

By: You're welcome
#69  by: Greek princess   

I'm not a dg but putting them near the end Ecuador they are new is just dumb. All sororities at Alabama are the same. The girls who aren't the prettiest make up for it in their personality. Never judge a girl based on what sorority she is in. Panhellenic love

By: Greek princess
#70  by: Just curious   

Does anyone know the number of girls entering the pledge class compared with the number that goes all the way to initiation for any & all the sororities?

By: Just curious
by: UAOct 25, 2012 5:55:04 PM

Why would you care? Retention is good for all the sororities. This is Alabama.

By: UA
by: Legitimate ??Oct 27, 2012 11:47:27 AM

It is a good question. Every sorority may make quota on Bid Day. And they all Love to Scream that from the roof tops. But how many of those girls quit the next day because they got a bid from a sorority they hated? How many girls quit because of cost? Bid Day numbers were over 100, but some of the sororities initiated less then 90. So the question is: after initiation, which sororities are still at total?

By: Legitimate ??
by: Retention Oct 27, 2012 3:21:19 PM

True since UA had largest rush in the country this year, many were over quota. I know retention rates are high, but do not know actual numbers. Pretty sure that Chi Omega has the highest retention rate overall. Of course, there will be some that drop for various reasons, but usually most go active. Furthermore, UA has a huge Greek population at 30%.

By: Retention

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.