facebook

what are the real sorority rankings here?

by: Haylie

What are the real sorority rankings here? Top tier? Mid Tier? Bottom Tier?

Posted By: Haylie
Post Reply Report
Page 3 of 16
#21  by: Sad    

Have to agree that PM has moved to 2nd tier. Snapping to get their quota is a middle to lower tier move. None of the other houses in the top tier took girls that they never wanted. It appears that top houses would rather take a smaller class of quality than sell a bid to an unwanted girl. Never thought I would see this house in this situation.

By: Sad
#22  by: No   

After recruitment this year.
1. Phi Mu, Kappa, AXO
2. XO,KD,DDD
3.AOPi,ADPi,ZTA
4.PiPhi,AGD,DZ,Alpha Phi
5.KAT,DG,Gamma Phi

By: No
#23  by: Agree   

with 23. PC brought them lower.

By: Agree
#24  by: Yep   

Still a good house, just not a top house anymore. Bad decisions allowed by rush chairs and advisors.

By: Yep
#25  by: interesting   

Did all sororities meet quota? How many had to offer snap bids?

By: interesting
by: the REAL truthSep 17, 2012 2:44:35 AM

DG, Phi Mu, KD, ADPi, and XO I know for sure did snap bids. I don't know about the rest

By: the REAL truth
by: Panhell RepSep 27, 2012 11:06:35 PM

Only 3 Snap Bids were given this year, according to Alabama's Panhellenic association (which I am on the board for), so that is impossible for all of those sororities to have given one.
I know for A FACT that XO, ADPi, KD, and DG didn't give snaps. The only sorority that is recorded for snaps is Phi Mu. Check your facts.
AXO, AOPi, ADPi, DDD, DG, KD, and ZTA all took numbers above quota, but that isn't the same as giving a snap bid, that just means that they wanted more girls in their new member class than quota reccommended.
Even still, Phi Mu isn't any worse or better off for giving snap bids. Typically snaps are given to girls that the sorority invited to their pref party but didn't receive a bid for some reason (they didn't maximize their options, they didn't sign a pref card, etc.)

By: Panhell Rep
by: PH info Oct 12, 2012 2:47:51 PM

Just go to the UA Greek affairs website under resources to look at the spreadsheet of recruitment numbers. It lists the number of snap bids each year. 2012 has yet to be added though. Listing of GPAs are there too :)

By: PH info
#26  by: Kappa   

Didn't make quota, although with 88 girls I guess it didn't matter much.

By: Kappa
by: UmmmmOct 8, 2012 8:54:42 PM

Not making quota ALWAYS matters. Sure sign of a slipping chapter.

By: Ummmm
by: ...Sep 10, 2014 11:08:12 PM

Well that's just false.

By: ...
#27  by: Real rankings   

After recruitment this year:

1) AXO, XO, KKG
2) Phi Mu, DDD, KD
3) AOPi, Pi Phi, ZTA, AGD
4) ADPi, DZ, APhi
5) GPhiB, Theta, DG

By: Real rankings
#28  by: really?   

DG at the bottom? Such a shame for such a pretty house

By: really?
#29  by: Agreeed!   

1) AXO, XO, KKG
2) Phi Mu, AOPi, Pi Phi
3) DDD, ZTA, AGD, KD
4) ADPi, DZ, APhi
5) GPhiB, Theta, DG

Pi Phi had an amazing return rate this year and their pledge class is stunning! Congrats girls! Panhellenic Love!

By: Agreeed!
#30  by: AOPi and Pi Phi   

Both of these sororities had amazing rate of returns....congrats to both of them!! Their pledges are Gorgeous and Smart!!

By: AOPi and Pi Phi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.