facebook

bringing more sororities on campus

by: Go Big Red

So I was doing some research and it looks like we had chapters of Chi Omega, AOPi and Delta Phi Epsilon that all closed around the same time. Maybe it was a bad time for Greek life?

Should we bring these sororities back? Were there any others that used to be at Cornell beside these three?

Posted By: Go Big Red
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: yes   

This is true but that doesnt mean we need more chapters. Pledge classes were too large without phi mu and now theyre back to normal numbers. The extension process wont happen unless more people rush

By: yes
by: hmmFeb 10, 2016 10:30:08 AM

I actually think having smaller sorority pledge classes and more sororities would be a great thing - think of how many fraternities there are. With more chapters, each sorority would have more of a "niche" feel to it like frats do. If each house had a stronger, more uniform personality, I think it would be easier to establish tighter sisterhoods and have fewer cliques within houses.

By: hmm
by: NPCFeb 11, 2016 5:27:36 PM

DO NOT compare the NPC with the IFC. The IFC fraternities do not have set quotas during recruitment, the NPC sororities do. The sororities at Cornell are currently at the right size so extension will not happen for now. Let's see in the next 5 years if there will be a need to add another sorority.

By: NPC
#2  by: True but   

Less girls means higher dues or less money for nationals and the chapters. It might not be financially viable.

By: True but
by: yesFeb 10, 2016 12:26:51 PM

exactly and houses that are larger need larger PCs to fill all the rooms. AZD, DG, KD etc all have a large number of beds in their houses

By: yes
by: RealityFeb 13, 2016 9:09:07 PM

Cornell only brings in a new sorority if enough girls complain they didn't get a bid and if the existing houses are full. The problem is that every new sorority that has colonized in the last few years seems to start and stay at the bottom of the rankings so if you dropped out of rush because you didn't like the house you were left with, adding another sorority is not going to help you. I wish we could just stop with rankings.

By: Reality

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.