facebook

similar frats

by: Frosh

What middle/lower tier frats are similar to DU/Sigma Chi?

Posted By: Frosh
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hmm   

Sigma Chi and DU aren't in the same tier

By: hmm
by: wellJan 17, 2016 2:13:34 PM

but they're similar and both up there, even if you consider sig chi "top" and DU "upper". both are great houses that I personally think are a good time, and they both have the party hard/state school vibe. I'd say sig chi is a lot more diverse and DU is on the WASPier side, and there's a fair amount of wealth in each.

finding a similar experience in middle/lower frats is hard, in reference to OP's question, because this is Cornell and not a state school. Phi Psi has a very different makeup than either Sig Chi or DU, but there are a lot of guys in that house that party super hard and go on benders. as we go down the ranks lower and lower, Fiji seems to be pretty social within their own circle, and of the bottom frats Pi Kapp seems to be one of the more social ones? But none of them are "similar" to Sig Chi and DU.

By: well
by: LolJan 22, 2016 11:39:12 AM

lamda chi

By: Lol
#2  by: so   

i wouldnt try to label frats, as each frat has its own niche of people. pi kapp for example recruits heavily on gpa, DU does focus on maintaining a tough on the surface attitude and fiji has a lot of cliques just like pike. frats like phi tau and phi delt for example are more low key while frats like phi psi and chi phi like to drink a lot and party hard, but to a degree all frats party hard because that is one of the reasons people rush to join greek life. go in and see what makes you comfortable and where you see yourself fitting in, dont grasp on ideals and what you read on this website because truly all frats are different, just find where you fit in

By: so
#3  by: Ko   

Sig pi is pretty similar. Good vibe.

By: Ko

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.