facebook

internal recruitment process

by: Freshman

Can someone describe how frats and sororities decide which freshmen to give bids to? I'm just curious.

Posted By: Freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Pnm   

Bump

By: Pnm
#2  by: ...big question   

It's different for every single house, so just trust the process and go where you're comfortable. Best of luck!

By: ...big question
#3  by: :)   

Good luck!

By: :)
#4  by: this is a lot lol   

if you're a good fit for the house and leave brothers/sisters with a good impression, you have a higher chance of getting a bid. every house has a different process and you're not going to get anyone to tell you what it is haha. just BE YOURSELF and put your best foot forward. it'll help you find where you fit best and where you really belong.

By: this is a lot lol
by: thisJan 6, 2016 11:30:55 PM

best advice you'll get from asking this

By: this
#5  by: .......   

Do you actually think someone is going to give you a break down of what every house on this campus does.....

By: .......
#6  by: still wondering   

bump

By: still wondering
#7  by: You're not going to know   

Not even people on the other side of rush know this, except for maybe a few frats and sororities including their own. There's a reason why the process is kept secret. It also differs for every house. My impression is that for frats, it's a little less structured and you'll get to meet a higher portion of the brothers since the pcs are so small. At this point you should be well acquainted with the frat/brothers enough to know which smokers to attend. You'll be invited by the brothers to events later and later into rush, otherwise you know you're cut.

Sorority rush is a lot more structured and controlled by panhel. Each house has a system of voting, remembering and commenting on you. Generally, after each round you'll be discussed or given a score or they'll write comments. Some houses cut after each round, others cut at the end of the day. Other houses will talk about you with the whole sorority, others will just rely on individual input of people who talked to you and aggregate that at the end of the day. Deliberation gets more involved and standards are raised as the rounds go on. I think after each day panhel gets a list with names ranked from the sorority, which they match to the list of pnms wanting to come back.

Some houses will try to rush friend groups, or will dirty rush. I don't think that anyone is looking for a specific type of person that fits a stereotype of a house. Just be yourself and trust the process. Don't take it personally if you're cut- you don't want

By: You're not going to know
by: You're not going to knowJan 7, 2016 11:37:25 AM

To be in a house that doesn't want you anyway and a lot of times the reasons for cutting you can be dumb. The bottom line is they're looking for fit, both within the sorority/frat as a whole and within the people they want in their new pc. Believe me, you'll end up where you're supposed to be.

By: You're not going to know
#8  by: For the freshies   

Calm down and relax. There's nothing you can do before rush that'll help you out. The only significant thing, meeting a brother or sister and building a relationship with them, can't be done anymore. Even being a legacy, unless you have an active connection at Cornell right now, isn't going to do much. Just be yourself, don't be a try hard and go through the process. Good luck

By: For the freshies

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.