facebook

junior rushing?

by: sorry i'm clueless

Hi! So I'm a junior who transferred to Cornell this year and I was considering rushing. My old school never had greek life but I've made a few friends in some of the houses here who told me that I should give it a shot. I've been getting a lot of mixed opinions about rushing this Spring because I'm a junior so I figured I'd ask somewhere I could get some straightforward advice lol. Does rushing as a junior significantly hurt your chances of getting a bid? Are there houses that really won't consider me because of that?

Posted By: sorry i'm clueless
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: eh   

honestly, it isn't IMPOSSIBLE, but it's incredibly unlikely. if you're an insanely great fit for a house, than you will most likely get a bid. but it's a long shot. i don't even know why you'd rush as a junior tbh, you'll barely get anything out of the greek experience at that point and there'll be a huge disconnect between you and your PC.

By: eh
#2  by: Maybe   

Give it a shot. But houses will look at the fact you're a junior and take it into account. If you have close friends in a house that are your year, you'll have a better chance as well as feel more welcome and connected to the sorority. Remember that most of your PC would be freshmen, you wouldn't live in the house, and I think unless you really connect with someone people would be skeptical of bringing you into a lineage. Sororities are already wary of sophomores rushing because deactivation rates are higher for them.

By: Maybe
#3  by: Imo   

We won't consciously vote based on your year, but it will probably be taken into consideration anyway. It's a big long shot and as others have said, if you do get a bid somewhere it's unlikely you'd be able to bond and mesh fully with your pledge class. If this doesn't work out you can also check out professional and service fraternities to be involved in Greek life if that's what you want!

By: Imo
by: InterestedJan 5, 2016 1:08:05 PM

How does voting work, like how do they remember you?

By: Interested
#4  by: yes   

just go for it...you have nothing to lose...pour it on...great clothes, bubblyness, manners, etc...give it all you've got and you might get a bid.

By: yes
#5  by: YASS   

DO IT GIRL, DON'T LET ANYONE GET YOU DOWN!! Just know that it will be a little harder for you and go in with realistic expectations, ok.

By: YASS
#6  by: Yes   

Several houses took juniors last recruitment cycle! I spoke to a junior last recruitment and loved her.
Please go through recruitment if you want to!

By: Yes

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.