facebook

spring rush

by: Curious Student

Which Fraternities and Sororities will be participating in Spring Rush next semester?

Posted By: Curious Student
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: School Guy   

I could be wrong but I think Chi Psi is doing spring rush.

I don't think the fraternities and sororities have made it official yet as to whether they will be taking part in spring rush, you may just have to wait until the spring... or until a member answers the question.

By: School Guy
by: ShakerOct 31, 2014 11:37:30 PM

And before anyone goes off, doing spring rush means nothing about how good or what tier a sorority or fraternity is.

By: Shaker
#2  by: Uh   

Most fraternity's do spring rush. We need pledges. We do rush. It's simple

By: Uh
#3  by: it really depends    

on how many girls/guys graduate in december. It has nothing to do with "tiers". Sororities and fraternities have national quotas they HAVE to meet, so before anyone makes their spring rush status official, it depends on how many members they'll have, and how many members they need. contact frat/sorority life if you want to be made aware when spring rush details come out.

By: it really depends
#4  by: PanhellenicHelp   

Since quota is 380 this year, many chapters are likely going to have to participate in the Spring Rush. The largest chapters (ADPi, Tri Delta, Chi O) might not have to. All the size information can be accessed under the "About" tab on the FSL website- Click on "Fraternity and Sorority Report Spring 2014." That document also gives which chapters did Spring Recruitment last year (because they have a new member class GPA for the spring).

Typically if chapters do spring recruitment one year they're likely going to be doing it again, and these are the chapters that did spring recruitment last year.
-Delta Zeta
-Phi Mu
-Zeta Tau Alpha
-Kappa Kappa Gamma
-Alpha Gamma Delta
-Gamma Phi Beta

and of course Pi Beta Phi will have to participate as well, being so new.

By: PanhellenicHelp
by: PanhellenicHelpNov 2, 2014 8:33:34 PM

Also if you're interested in Spring Rush

If you are interested in joining a Panhellenic sorority in the spring, you can email your resume to Katie Hambrick, Assistant Director of Fraternity and Sorority Life, at khambrick@sc.edu. Your resume should include your email address, phone number, GPA, major, and any extracurricular activities. Your resume will then be shared with the chapters who are interested in taking additional members. If you need help compiling a resume, the Career Center has some great resources available here. Please note that submitting a resume does not guarantee that you will be contacted by a chapter.

By: PanhellenicHelp
#5  by: you need to meet people    

spring rush is more about the girls already in chapters picking and choosing who they want, its very informal. your resume matters, but if theres one or two you're interested in (and its perfectly okay to have some you want more then others) you need to start making friends with girls that are in it! they'll be the ones who will choose you to join

By: you need to meet people
#6  by: Spring Transfer   

I'm transferring into USC this spring, so the chances of me getting into greek life are going to be small?

By: Spring Transfer
by: WellNov 3, 2014 9:14:51 PM

If you express your interest to a few of the above sororities, that will help a lot. In my sorority we choose who we want. It doesn't have anything to do with an application process, we reach out to you.

By: Well

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.