facebook

another question

by: pnm

I heard girls aren't allowed to go out during rush week. What's the reason for that?

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Doesn't Matter   

Essentially, if you can't go a week without going out then you don't belong in a sorority. It is about commitment and representing your future letters. We aren't allowed out either. Also remember, if you go out and are seen, you can be blackballed. As in, dropped from every sorority. There are eyes and ears everywhere so don't take the risk.

By: Doesn't Matter
#2  by: Well   

The girl above me was a little harsh... you weren't really complaining about the policy, just asking a question. In short, it's sorority council policy that no PNMs or active members should be drinking during recruitment. I would say that an overwhelming majority of actives respect this policy, but of course you have a handful that live above the law and do what they want anyway. As a PNM or an active, I really don't recommend trying to get around the policy... if you do get spotted out and recognized, you definitely are putting your future prospects as a greek in jeopardy. It is entirely possible that every sorority would choose to drop you from the process, and particularly this rush year you do NOT want to take that risk with how many girls are coming through. But also, rush can be a pretty emotionally and physically demanding process and the LAST thing you want to be is hungover when you're going through the houses. The sisters WILL be able to tell, and you will NOT feel good. You want to bring your A-game to the houses!

By: Well
#3  by: Pnm   

Ok so no drinking, but what about going out in general?

By: Pnm
by: HowAug 13, 2013 7:47:07 PM

important is rush to you? If you can't even avoid doing something that could be miscostrued by going out, you might be in trouble.

By: How
by: Really?Aug 13, 2013 10:53:49 PM

Okay so when they say "don't go out," they mean don't go out. There's no ifs, ands, or buts. I know it's hard, but those are the rules. Be thankful your recruitment is shorter than last years. I don't mean to sound harsh.
I'm just being frank. Those are the same rules we had to follow as PNMs, and those are the same rules we still have to follow. It'll all be over in no time. Enjoy recruitment!

By: Really?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.