facebook

spring recruitment

by: SC

Okay so basically, I'll be transferring to USC in the Spring. I know that not all sororities do Spring rush and I was told this is how the process works: You have a friend in a sorority and you choose the one you like. If the feeling is mutual, then you're in. If not, you're out. Is this true? Also, would you recommend waiting until sophomore year to rush to get the full benefit and have a chance of getting into the one that'll best fit me? I've been looking forward to rushing freshman year for a few years now, and it really sucks I have to wait to come to USC until the Spring. So I wanted to get into Greek Life as soon as I have a chance. But I'll go by your recommendations as to what to do.

Posted By: SC
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ...   

You can always check it out in the spring and you might find a great fit then. If you rush spring and you don't find a place among whichever sororities are participating, rush again in the fall when all houses will be involved. Good luck!

By: ...
#2  by: Wait!   

Top houses don't do spring rush because they meet quota, so wait!

By: Wait!
by: SCJun 2, 2013 9:54:30 AM

Thank you! I think I just might. I know they wouldn't look at my high school GPA, but could I still use the extracurricular I was involved in, in high school? I don't think I'll be able to get involved with any in my first year of college because I'll be transferring schools half way through.

By: SC
#3  by: Yes!   

I'm sure they might look at your high school transcript but as long as you do well academically your freshman year, you'll be fine! And yes list everything you've been involved in!

By: Yes!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.