facebook

legacies

by: potential bulldog

Why don't legacies really matter at UGA? If my grandmother is a very supportive alumnae, will that not help my chances to get into that sorority if I go to UGA?

Posted By: potential bulldog
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Numbers   

There are so many legacies now that there's no way we can take all of them. There are tons of them coming through recruitment, especially for sororities that have a lot of chapters and alums in the south. Sororities definitely do take some, and several of my friends here pledged where they're legacies, but it comes down to if they see you as a good fit. Your grandmother's sorority might not be your sorority, you know? If your grandmother is supportive of the the actual chapter here at UGA, your chances of a bid are pretty high, but that's just speaking for mine.

By: Numbers
by: Potential bulldogAug 29, 2014 9:55:16 AM

Thank you! I'm just freaking out because I'm out of state and don't know anyone!

By: Potential bulldog
#2  by: ...   

Most of the girls who go through recruitment here end up pledging somewhere. If they don't, it's usually because they drop out on their own, not because they're released by everyone, tho that does happen to a small percentage. Everyone needs to keep an open mind about all the sororities and it'll really be important for you to do since you don't know anyone. Be willing to consider all of them, and they all have a lot to offer, so that shouldn't be hard. Grades and activities are important, plus get recs to every house. Mainly, put your best self out there and really look for the best fit. You should do fine!

By: ...

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.