facebook

out of state?

by: pnm

Do some sororities prefer southern girls? I am from the north and i've heard in a lot of southern schools that northern girls are at a disadvantage during rush

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: UGA girl   

I would say that the biggest disadvantage you might encounter coming from the north is that you may not be as well known as regional girls might be. In other words, some sorority women tend to pull for girls that they know well (went to same HS, from the same town, etc.). Additionally, some northern girls have said that they had a hard time finding alumnae to write recs. for them-recs. don't seem to be as important up north as they are down here, so that might be a another hurdle you will have to overcome. Do everything that is within your power to do, and good luck to you!

By: UGA girl
#2  by: Northern    

Im from the north and rushed. Its not that bad. I know Chi O and DEFINITELY ADPi will cut northern. But I had a full schedule every round with sororities i liked. I didn't really see any disadvantage. You have the advantage because no sorority will cut you because "they didn't like you in high school" or "you hooked up with one girls boyfriend three months after they broke up"
Good luck girl!

By: Northern

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.