facebook

lots of changes this year

by: Rankssss

These are overall ranks but with a bias towards the newest pledge class since the newest PC is the best predictor of what direction each chapter is headed.

Top:
KD
Theta
Kappa
ADPi
ZTA

Lower Top:
Phi Mu
AOPi
Chi O
SK

Mid:
AXO
DZ
DDD

Lower Mid:
Pi Phi
Gamma Phi
DG
AGD

Bottom:
SDT
DPhiE

Posted By: Rankssss
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Hey hey   

I'd switch SK and Chi O. SK has done really well 2 years in a row now whereas Chi O is still kinda iffy.

By: Hey hey
by: Dawns Sep 21, 2016 6:40:15 PM

I'd switch Gamma Phi and DZ. Gamma Phi is def moving up after the last two pledge classes.

By: Dawns
by: NoSep 21, 2016 6:47:47 PM

Gamma phi actually didn't have a great rush last year. They did improve a lot this year, and their new pledge class basically saved them from bottom tier. If they have an equally good rush next year, they'll be comparable to DDD and DZ, and if they have a good rush in 2 years, then I'd put them at the top of middle around AXO (assuming those houses don't change much). It takes more than one pledge class to significantly change any chapter's rank (so I also agree with how OP ranked SK and Chi O).

By: No
by: Easy, now...Sep 21, 2016 8:20:57 PM

Patience, Gamma Phi. You guys moved up a bit this year. Enjoy that, and focus on positive ways to build your sisterhood and keep moving up (as in, laying off the Greek Rank posting).

By: Easy, now...
by: LEAVE KD Sep 22, 2016 4:58:17 PM

I'm sorry, but a KD made this. You guys are on here allllllll the time self ranking and the only reason for the description is at the top is because you aren't old row and that's how the rankings usually start on this site.

By: LEAVE KD
by: HarshSep 22, 2016 6:46:59 PM

This could have been written by a KD, but they are doing well right now. I agree with you that they're not the number one chapter, but they definitely improved this year and old row literally does not matter at UGA. Old row/new row doesn't even matter that much at bama anymore haha.

By: Harsh
by: LolOct 24, 2016 1:08:48 PM

Hey KD

By: Lol
#2  by: ummm   

gamma phi is a top house...

By: ummm
by: WowSep 21, 2016 8:44:45 PM

Holy crap the gamma phis are out in full force tonight haha

By: Wow
by: ??Sep 21, 2016 11:14:36 PM

This is clearly not a gamma phi, this is someone trying to make gamma phi look bad

By: ??
by: @??Sep 22, 2016 12:00:52 AM

Yeah I'd bet money that comment was actually Sosorority posting under a different name lmao

By: @??
by: ReallySep 25, 2016 11:33:25 AM

No Gamma Phi would do this. Someone thinks they're crafty.

By: Really
by: Wait...Oct 18, 2016 9:47:36 AM

Pretty sure this is a troll post.

By: Wait...
#3  by: Correct   

I might move zeta down a tier but this list is actually really accurate other than that

By: Correct
#4  by: Almost   

Put KD below Theta and maybe Kappa, and switch Zeta and Phi Mu for sure. Phi Mu struggled some this year but they're still above Zeta. KD had the best rush overall, but the other top houses still did very well so I wouldn't consider KD to be THE very top house. Whether it's true or not, a lot of PNMs still view KD as being less classy than Theta/Kappa/Phi Mu so KD still had a bit of trouble getting their exact preferred list of PNMs this year although they honestly did a fantastic job overall and compared to the last couple years. Theta and Kappa are still just a little more well-rounded overall.

If this is supposed to be heavily weighted toward this year's pledge class, I'd move AGD back down to the top of bottom tier, but whether they're top of bottom or bottom or lower mid is really a matter of personal preference/who you happen to know in the chapter. A lot of the best girls they got last year dropped and they had to take a huge pledge class this year which isn't a good thing.

By: Almost
by: YepSep 23, 2016 10:49:17 PM

100% with your changes to the top tier. I get what you're saying about AGD, but personally I'd leave them where they are in OP's list because they are better than DPhIE.

By: Yep
by: TrueOct 18, 2016 3:22:40 PM

OP's rank with the changes @Almost made is the most accurate thing I've seen by far.

By: True
by: HAJan 24, 2017 2:14:51 PM

Funny because theta had to give out snap bids and ADPi, KD and Zeta had the highest return rates

By: HA
#5  by: wtf   

Okay who put DG as anything but bottom lol

By: wtf
by: supporting dg for onceSep 23, 2016 5:44:20 PM

DG actually did well this year. I'm in a mid tier house and I know several of DG's new members also came to my sorority for pref round. Idk if DG was their first choice or not, but either way, the fact that DG is getting girls who have multiple options at pref round other than DPhiE as well as girls who pref at mid tier houses speaks volumes to how much they've improved. Their only real negative is their social calendar, but even that is slowly improving and should get better since they're getting better girls now.

I don't get why everyone attacks other houses all the time. As long as your chapter is doing well, you shouldn't feel threatened by other chapters improving, and if you're attacking a lower ranked house because you feel threatened by them, well that's just immature.

By: supporting dg for once
by: haNov 21, 2016 2:42:03 PM

Other than DPhiE, DG is the worst house on campus. They're below SDT.

By: ha
by: Grow upNov 23, 2016 12:48:31 PM

DG has actually shown real improvement this year. The only
people who keep saying they're bottom tier feel threatened because if DG keeps improving, some other chapter will end up taking their place in bottom tier. But really they shouldn't feel threatened because next year we'll have Alpha Phi to be at the bottom so no one should be too upset about DG moving up to lower mid. The haters need to chill tf out forreal lmao

By: Grow up
by: Agree with grow upDec 19, 2016 9:42:22 AM

AGD and DG did their time at the bottom but with the addition of DPhiE and soon Alpha Phi, people need to accept that AGD and DG have improved a lot and are moving up to lower mid. These aren't bad houses, y'all! They get fantastic girls who have other options and we should be happy that they're doing well instead of being negative and attacking them.

By: Agree with grow up
by: Yeah Jan 19, 2017 2:04:39 PM

True

By: Yeah
#6  by: B   

This is right

By: B
#7  by: hmm   

i don't think zeta is above houses like phi mu or chi o just yet... maybe with time but not currently

By: hmm
#8  by: Good   

YOu;ve got KD too high but otherwise this is pretty spot on.

By: Good
#9  by: Seriously   

This rank is old and tired. Serious question ....Does anyone have an opportunity to climb? It seems like there are lower ranked houses that have had consistently better rushes year after year than the top ranked houses, yet nothing changes on here. Anyone have any insight?

By: Seriously
by: HmmJan 2, 2017 9:59:26 PM

I think it's because no one objectively and accurately sees every house and how each one changes each year. Because of that, people have to rely on reputations and other people's opinions in order to rank every single house, but it's very hard to change your chapter's reputation if everyone is ranking based on old reputations. I think the mid and bottom tier sororities are all veryyyy close together (with the exception of DPhiE and SDT). Everyone in that category ends up at or near quota and gets to cut the girls they really don't want now, unlike several years ago when bottom chapters struggled to keep their numbers up and had to take anyone they could get. Honestly I think it's really getting closer to a 2-category rank. The current top and lower top houses get most of the girls they want going into recruitment and fill remaining spots with girls who weren't already on their radar but still impressed them. Then the current mid and bottom tier houses still have full chapters, can cut girls they seriously don't want, and have very few girls who shouldn't have gotten a bid. Because of the similarity, no one can really tell if DDD is above DZ, if Gamma Phi is mid or lower mid, if DG is better than AGD etc... so that's why the ranks don't chance much.

By: Hmm
#10  by: !   

Still the best honestly

By: !
by: greekDec 30, 2016 10:56:42 AM

definitely

By: greek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.