facebook

rushing

by: Ashattack

Hi, I'm rushing for a sorority in the fall!
First off, Gig Em'!
I'm way excited, but I don't know how the process works. I'm the first of my family to rush for a sorority. I know I have to register, but does having letters make a big difference?
Another thing, I'd be more than grateful to get into any one of the houses, but what are some favorites?
Thank y'all!

Posted By: Ashattack
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: to all pnms   

Its great that you are going through recruitment! First of all, don't let this site's negativity influence your decision, this is just a small number of girls who post on this silly site! Texas A&M Panhellenic does NOT associate with this site in any way, and neither should you! Any sorority you join will be great to have you, and you are good joining any of the sororities at Texas A&M!!

By: to all pnms
#2  by: greek   

For rec letters, it doesn't hurt to have them! All they do is help!

By: greek
#3  by: easy   

You want to aim for the top, Kappa, TriDelt, or Zeta. The rest are pretty much even.

By: easy
#4  by: They can help   

when you go through rush pay attention to how they treat all the girls. Pay attention to everyone in house. It will give you a feel of what they are like. When I went through, I liked two of the three mentioned in comment #3. I think you can find a place that you like if you look at how the girls look and act and think about how you would fit in with them. Most girls, not all will get cut from some houses. Many girls do not have a full schedule after the first day.

By: They can help
by: good pointMay 4, 2013 12:11:22 PM

pay attention to how everyone in the house treats ALL the rushees AND each other. A classy house will use their manners.

By: good point
#5  by: Troof   

Make sure to get recommendations for all houses. They really help. Just try to relax and be yourself. Don't listen to rumors and gossip. You need to go where you will be happy and comfortable for the next four years, a true home away from home. Even when someone says a sorority is the "best" or "top tier" it doesn't mean it's the best for you.. Keep an open mind and be ready for a wild ride!

By: Troof
#6  by: WHOOP!!!!   

First of all Greek Rank is NOT the best place for advice on this subject. There is no right choice or wrong choice until you have gone through the houses and see where you feel the most comfortable. If you get chosen by any of the 12 consider yourself lucky. As for the comment by #3 you are pathetic and not every girl will like any of those three. They are not that great and not any better than the rest. Get over yourself.

By: WHOOP!!!!
#7  by: Fraternity Man   

Don't listen to all this "upper tier" "lower tier" "rank" bullcrap.

Sally the sorority girl and her alcoholic sorority sister Jenny don't walk around campus talking about the latest "movements" on the tier rankings. No one walks around campus talking about who's above who...it only happens on Greekrank...which tells you something.

Just rush somewhere you fit in.

By: Fraternity Man
#8  by: Aggie   

Each and every house has some of ALL kinds of girls....good girls/bad girls, partiers, studiers, confident/shy, beauties/plain girls....funny, serious. You need to find where YOU feel most comfortable and then get really involved....in no group will you feel like you have best friends the first couple of weeks, it takes effort and time on your part. Living in your house is a great way to make lifelong friends!
Yes, you need recommendations to every house!!!....you want NO reason to not be invited back.
Practice your conversation skills and stay classy this summer! The rush parties are a time for you to SHINE. Know that many times we are at least as nervous as the PNMs are....we want you to like our house. If you do like a house and could see yourself there.....let us know!! We can't read your mind (this may be harder for shy/quiet girls).
EVERY house at A&M is great. All have different personalities....you have to figure out which one compliments YOUR personality....and this has nothing to do with silly reputations.
Enjoy Rush and meet as many girls as you can....you never know who you will see in class.

By: Aggie

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.