facebook

top 3 national fraternities in the state of texas?

by: Meekrab

Here's my opinion based on number of chapters at Texas schools, quality of chapters, alumni, and age. Fiji, SAE, Phi Delt.

Agree disagree?

War about sororities in Texas? Piphi, kappa, Theta?

Posted By: Meekrab
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Fraternities    

is pretty much right on. With sororities, Pi Phi has slipped some and Theta has pretty majorly in this state. Honestly despite the whole PKT thing, Tri Delt has probably entered the top 3 and pushed Theta out. They have more top tier chapters than anyone except maybe Kappa in Texas.

By: Fraternities
by: agreeMay 1, 2013 1:02:44 AM

I would say KKG and DDD in Texas. The rest of the groups are a mixed bag and Pi Phi and Theta don't have that many chapters in Texas compared to the others.

By: agree
by: NO wayMay 2, 2013 7:20:21 PM

Theta is nationally better than DDD.

By: NO way
by: I dunnoMay 3, 2013 11:21:34 AM

if Theta is better nationally than DDD, it's by a very small margin, DDD is still one of the best nationally, and is a lot stronger in the South.

By: I dunno
#2  by: actually   

Theta is bigtime at SMU and Texas. TriDelt is midtier at SMU. PiPhi and Theta have as many chapters as Kappa in Texas. Those 3 sororities won't put chapters at Texas State, Sam Houston, SFA, Univ. Houston. Kappa and Pi Phi are at Univ. North Texas, and Theta and TriDelt are at Univ. Tx - Dallas.

By: actually
by: wrongMay 1, 2013 8:47:17 PM

Check your facts. There is a TriDelt sorority at SFA.

By: wrong
by: ahemMay 5, 2013 12:53:57 AM

not true. at least one of those sororities submitted a packet to tx state when they were open for expansion last year. and that sorority was not even chosen to present.

By: ahem
#3  by: Um no   

Your rationale is not correct. The strongest alumnae groups in Texas are Kappa, Pi Phi, Theta, TriDelt, Chi Omega. that's why their chapters are strong at all schools. those groups except Chi O are selective in the academic standing of the university they put chapters. go look at Theta and KKGs chapter listings, it's all top schools.

By: Um no
by: thenMay 2, 2013 4:27:42 AM

Why are Theta chapters getting so weak in Texas? And piphi to some extent? At least Kappa has stayed strong

Id say top in texas are kappa, tridelt and xo and the tiers like this..
KKG, DDD, XO
PBP, KAT, ZTA
AXO, DG, ADPI
KD, APHI, GPB
the rest

By: then
by: ahemMay 5, 2013 1:00:21 AM

Really? Chi Omega has had several chapters close in Texas and is not any more particular about academic record than other sororities. They have a chapter at Texas State for God's sake (and that chapter is struggling now.) They admit the brain dead there. Other places where they've closed in addition to SHSU are A&M Kingsville and UTEP. Not exactly pinnacles of academic excellence.

By: ahem
by: agreeMay 5, 2013 10:04:51 AM

Id move xo and zta down a level

By: agree
#4  by: Um no   

An ADPi is not a top sorority in the state of texas. They don't have a chapter at SMU, and they folded at Oklahoma and LSU, bottom tier at Arkansas. So they are terrible in surrounding states too. heir Texas alums aren't strong enough to keep top chapters.

By: Um no
by: again?May 2, 2013 4:09:22 AM

again with the ADPi bashing?
ZTA folded at SMU
AXO folded at LSU and Theta is THE bottom sorority at LSU
AXO is bottom at Arkansas
but you fail to point this out? I wonder why that is?

By: again?
by: @May 2, 2013 7:06:08 AM

ZTA is bottom at LSU too

By: @
by: UhhMay 3, 2013 11:26:22 AM

How is AXO bottom at LSU when they don't have a chapter. Everyone from Louisiana says Zeta and Theta are bottom at LSU.

By: Uhh
by: UhhMay 3, 2013 11:27:01 AM

Sorry misread haha.

By: Uhh
#5  by: adpi is wrong again   

AXO just came on campus at Arkansas....ADPI has been the long standing worst sorority at Arkansas for decades. KD and AOPi came on in the last decade and immediately were stronger than ADPI...

Theta is strong in Texas. Very strong chapters at Texas, SMU, TCU, Baylor, Tech, and mid-tier at A&M. Theta will be back at A&M because they have the alum support, resources, strong internal chapter structure and values, and long history of being top group at A&M. A&M at Theta does not want to be the hot party girls. Even when it was top tier it was always the choice of outstanding girls from large towns, private schools.

By: adpi is wrong again
by: sorryMay 2, 2013 7:17:22 PM

the only place in Texas that Theta is top tier is UT and SMU....that's it

By: sorry
by: pmMay 2, 2013 7:20:12 PM

no one said Theta wasn't strong....they're just not top tier

By: pm
by: umMay 2, 2013 7:28:10 PM

go away Theta alum...guess things have changed in Texas since your day

mid tier in Texas, bottom in most of the SEC including OM and LSU, CLOSED at Arkansas. I'm sure Theta is top somewhere but it's not the South

By: um
by: WellMay 3, 2013 11:29:03 AM

They are top at Vandy, Georgia, UT and SMU in the South.

By: Well
by: wowMay 3, 2013 1:54:48 PM

really? 4 whole schools in the south?
sorry Theta... KD, AXO, ADPi and even DG are much stronger than you in the south

By: wow
by: WellMay 3, 2013 2:11:12 PM

Dunno why you said "stronger than you", I'm not a Theta, and that was just a few off the top of my head. Theta is not a particularly strong sorority in the South but they do have some strong chapters (there are more decent ones, that's just off the top of my head). Obviously DDD, XO, KKG, KD, Zeta, ADPi, DG, AXO and even Phi Mu and some others are stronger in the South, I'm just saying they do have some good chapters in the South. Keep it classy.

By: Well
#6  by: Don't hate   

theta is top tier at Missouri, Kentucky, Georgia, Vanderbilt! And has strong mid tier chapter at Florida and Florida State. he better the school academically, usually theta is top tier. I'm not a Theta but I do respect how strong they are at top academic universities. \n\n\n\n\n

By: Don't hate
#7  by: phi alpha   

nationally phi delt, sae and sigma chi are top tier

By: phi alpha

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.