facebook

real sorority ranks

by: Zip2013

Sorority chapters are not made or broken on one pledge class. It is years of pledging top girls, and being involved, socializing with fraternities and sororities, philanthropy events, and continued alum support: That said, this is the ranks at Texas A&M ...

Kappa, TriDelt
XO, DG, Zeta

PiPhi, Theta

DZ, AXO
KD, Gamma Phi

ADPi

Posted By: Zip2013
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: No   

in a four year cycle it can be quite different. Each pledge class can make a difference. Must be a Xo or Theta. Your ranking of them is too high!

By: No
#2  by: must   

be a DG. They are bottom tier

By: must
#3  by: Really?   

This was obviously written by someone from THETA house. Theta is a powerful house, but not at A&M. You can't and shouldn't just rank yourself on name alone.

By: Really?
#4  by: right on   

I am not a Theta but they always have top grades, very successful fundraiser for decades, involved girls. They are not in the top tier because they do not socialize with fraternities and are not outgoing, bubbly, cute as a chapter. But - they are an organized chapter with alum support that pledges super nice girls with great grades. Their grades, philanthropy, campus involvement are top tier.

By: right on
#5  by: right on   

I know it really bothers alot of chapters, but XO is strong - great philanthropy event, organized chapter, socializes, strong academics. There are other factors in ranking a sorority besides "pretty girls"

By: right on
#6  by: not really   

XO used to be all that. Sure songfest is a good philanthropy but so are so many others that are held each year. The fact that the girls in the last 3 pledge classes have been horrible is why they have fallen. Not up to XO standards in the state or nation. Sorry to you XO that wrote that but you are average here and there are some houses that have started stepping it up and have passed you and others that are about to.

By: not really
#7  by: really   

A good solid pledge class can make a big difference, two solid pledge classes and you are on your way to turning around, or vice versa.

All the houses at A&M have good girls, run great philanthropy events and have girls with great grades.

You can have fun in any of the sororities if you keep an open mind.

A house that was considered great 4 years ago can be not as strong or involved now. Things do change.

By: really
by: agreeApr 15, 2013 6:17:40 PM

things can change quickly, look at ADPi...they had a great year this year and look how they've turned around. Some groups are really improving while others are not

By: agree
by: YoungSystemApr 16, 2013 9:21:30 AM

The Aggie Greek system is still relatively young, so things can change rapidly. A D Pi was one of the original sororities on campus and has had their ups and downs over the years. I am sure they are there to stay since this past year was so successful. Pi Phi, Theta, and Chi-O were super strong 20 years ago, but have been surpassed by tri delt and kappa when it comes to reputation. Does any of that really matter? Not at all!

I think the best thing for the Aggies to do would be to promote Greek life instead of bash each other on this silly website. Imagine how strong every chapter can be if we all build up our block! It's time for the Greek system to finally take charge at A&M instead of be a "side-item".

By: YoungSystem
by: agreeMay 16, 2013 4:54:54 PM

Sororities are really starting to change at a&m!I would disagree with this rating only because Pi Phi and Theta have both gone down in the past few years due to a couple of rough recruitments

Zeta, XO. Kappa, TriDelt
DG, DZ, AXO
PiPhi, Theta
KD, Gamma Phi, ADPi

By: agree
#8  by: really   

oh and the above rank is way off

#9  by: really   

I'm glad ADPi avoided closing their chapter and have had actives from other chapters help them during recruitment. ADPi has been at a&m since 1976 and has rarely ever made quota. Other sororities came to A&M 5, 10, 20 year later - PiPhi, AXO, DG, KD, Gamma Phi - and have all established stronger chapters.

by: just stopApr 19, 2013 11:11:48 AM

spreading untruths. A D Pi consistently made quota up until the early 2000s. Otherwise the chapter would have been closed years ago! They were mid-tier for years and a couple hard years got the best of them for a while. There is no reason to believe that they won't be back and strong soon. They have huge support now.

By: just stop
by: RealityMay 9, 2013 7:59:47 PM

When any new chapter comes to an existing system they can shake things up with new houses and a clean slat. When my Mom was at SMU the GPHI house had just been remodeled due to a fire & they pledge more than anyone that year including TRI DELT, KAPPA & AXO. Girls wanted the newer fancy house. ADPI did make quota during the 70's & 80's my Aunts were on campus then, but who cares if or when they made numbers because they are still here. If you think your house is top or middle why are you beating up on the bottom? Do we really think that it is possible for all chapters to be ranked equally? HELL NO! I just think it said to beat up on GPHI & ADPI if they are really trying to get their numbers & rep up.

By: Reality
#10  by: ADPi girls   

Quit commenting on GR and self-ranking yourselves you're making yourself seem silly

By: ADPi girls
by: WOWApr 19, 2013 8:22:01 PM

ADPI is misrespresenting themselves. Rarely made quote for over 4 decades.

By: WOW

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.