facebook

no more lilly pulitzer?

by: Worried

I've heard that for years wearing Lilly to TCU has been a slam dunk. But now that they are selling Lilly at Target, should I rethink wearing it? Seems a bit common to wear something from Target to a TCU rush party?

Posted By: Worried
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: agreed   

Hate to say it but you are right. I wouldn't wear anything Lilly to rush. Target isn't in line with TCU. I wouldn't wear anything brand name that is recognizable. The trick is to wear brands without making it obvious. High class doesn't advertise for brands.

By: agreed
by: ?Apr 15, 2015 1:06:03 AM

Well started ^^

By: ?
#2  by: Weeelll...    

Here's MY opinion. You can definitely tell the difference between Lilly for target VS the original Lilly. Wearing the original Lilly is totally okay. The fact that Lilly is doing a line for target does not make it any less valuable that it already is. If celebrities still wear desingers like Zac Posen and Alexander McQueen (which both did collaborations with target) to the Grammys and other award events, then you can definitely wear Lilly to rush! That is MY opinion though, and I respect others who disagree.

By: Weeelll...
by: ^Apr 14, 2015 11:00:50 PM

Yeah but, it just lost it's jeansequoi when it went to Target. I wouldn't wear it. As much as that one person on here is crazy about talking smack about Stella and Dot, I do agree that i wouldn't wear it for rush.

By: ^
by: ToafApr 23, 2015 7:51:09 AM

Well thought out

By: Toaf
by: MeMay 24, 2015 11:57:01 PM

jeansequoi???!!! Seriously? Are you brain damaged?

By: Me
#3  by: Violet   

I hate to say it but I agree Lily lost their prestige with the Target move and their latest spring collection is not in the same caliber as before. You can wear it to recruitment if you want but it will not be the same as wearing Lily in the past...So, what is the new "it" line girls should be getting for recruitment?

By: Violet
#4  by: don't do it   

I would NOT wear Lilly for rush. They are now considered low brow. Also, don't wear beige pumps with a black dress. Don't wear Stella and Dot either.

By: don't do it
#5  by: Hi    

Lilly shorts are okay on the first days with the white Tshirt. They are very comfortable and the perfect classy length.

By: Hi
by: ^agreeApr 16, 2015 1:55:34 PM

any shorts that length will do. no short short.

By: ^agree
#6  by: senior   

here's my opinion....if a house cares SO much that you are wearing Lilly and thinks it's "too common" especially now because of their target line, they aren't looking at you for the right reasons. Here is why I personally would not recommend Lilly though: Literally EVERY PNM walking through the door last year had on Lilly clothes and Kendra Scott earrings. You don't have to do what everyone else is doing and no one is checking your tags to see where you got your clothes from. Like I said, if your clothing brands are really a deal breaker from them, they are probably not the right house for you

By: senior
by: !Apr 16, 2015 2:04:19 PM

Props to Senior above. It isn't so much whether you argue they have gone down or not as it is just too common. You want to stand out is a classic way and Liky is what everyone wears. The Lily reign is over.

By: !
by: FROGApr 16, 2015 6:21:54 PM

Senior has it right

By: FROG
#7  by: fashion police   

Lilly has been over for about four years. Not sure why it has taken our school so long to figure it out.

By: fashion police
#8  by: Tcu   

Just be yourself and wear classic clothes that are polished. Style is about a lot more than labels.

By: Tcu
by: TxfrogApr 19, 2015 8:05:19 PM

Amen

By: Txfrog
#9  by: Senior ZTA   

Why is this even a topic that needs to be discussed... Clearly you care too much about being in a sorority

By: Senior ZTA
#10  by: Frog fan   

Lily is overdone regardless of whether they sold a cheap line at target for a few days. It doesn't win you any points.

By: Frog fan
by: ^Apr 21, 2015 6:32:31 PM

bump. Lilly is so done. Move on. Lose the cheesy ombre hair while your at it.

By: ^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.