facebook

rushing as a junior

by: junior

I know that it's a long shot but would I have any chance getting into a house as a junior? I have amazing grades and am involved in many campus activities. However, there is still something missing for me at tcu. I really want a sisterhood and group of girls that i can talk to or rely on for support. I know that I have a lot that I could offer to any of the sororities here. I went through rush as a sophomore and wasn't really prepared, however, I am now. If had the right recs and have a good rush experience, is there any shot at me getting into a house? Thanks.

Posted By: junior
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Junior   

Or should I just not even bother

By: Junior
#2  by: frog    

go for it! you never know, you can always spring rush and see how you like it. you can always drop but hopefully you will find a group of girls you love!

By: frog
#3  by: honestly   

You have a shot, but it will be more difficult. You will probably get a house, but you need to keep an open mind. Why don't you grab one of the houses that is doing open bidding now? Or try Phi Mu in the fall? I would try to join this sememster. You sound like a perfect fit, so the sooner you join, the better. Why don't you contact AOPI and see if they are still adding. They are new and they could use your energy. Good luck.

By: honestly
by: AdvisorJan 27, 2015 6:43:44 PM

There are more houses holding spring recruitment than usual this spring. I suggest you contact them all. The spring would be perfect for you.

By: Advisor
#4  by: junior   

i would but my problem is that i ended up not accepting my bid during rush because of personal/family/financial reasons. that's all resolved now but since i went through to bid day and didn't accept the bid i believe i can't do spring recruitment right?

By: junior
by: 2015Jan 29, 2015 10:24:55 AM

That house way take you but others will

By: 2015
#5  by: junior   

any tips on how i will be able to stand out as a junior during rush?

#6  by: junior   

also, i definitely can't do spring rush cause i went through to bid day this year right? sorry to be asking so many questions, i just really want this more than anything! i've worked very hard academically here and want to expand my experience at tcu!

by: ^Jan 31, 2015 10:39:05 AM

Go for it, but have an open mind.

By: ^
#7  by: Now&then   

It isn't impossible at all. If you are as strong of a candidate as you say; you also should know some girls within the houses now. Quotas will help as will insiders pulling for you.

By: Now&then

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.