facebook

phi mu coming?

by: PhiMu

Is phi mu coming to tcu??

Posted By: PhiMu
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: truth   

Yes they are coming but it will take them several years to get started. Just like AOII they will first have to colonize and they won't have a formal recruitment for a year or two after that. I know tons of girls who want to join Phi Mu because they think they will be able to build a house of their own. While that is true I think people need to understand the time line of everything that goes along with it.

By: truth
by: InsiderOct 6, 2014 3:37:20 PM

Thanks for posting this so people understand the process better.

By: Insider
by: --Oct 6, 2014 8:17:09 PM

Another words all those girls who think this will be their answer--you may be graduating before they even holding a regular recruitment.

By: --
by: Frog FactorOct 21, 2014 10:09:46 PM

That doesn't mean you can't help colonize though. To help found a soroity is a rare opportunity so check with greek life or the national Phi Mu office if you are interested.

By: Frog Factor
by: Now Oct 22, 2014 6:47:24 PM

Colonizing can be a great opportunity. It shouldn't be viewed as a negative.

By: Now
by: Happy Oct 27, 2014 7:34:13 PM

To colonize will take time but we need them!

By: Happy
by: SunnyNov 24, 2014 12:11:49 PM

We now are hearing 2016 will be when they colonize.

By: Sunny
#2  by: Doll   

This is a strong national house but like any chapter it will take some time for them to colonize and become ingrained at Texas Christian U.

By: Doll
by: Phi MuOct 7, 2014 11:07:43 PM

Very weak actually. They are strong at Univ of Alabama and that's pretty much it. They have closed many more chapters than other houses at TCU.

By: Phi Mu
by: TruthOct 8, 2014 12:54:25 PM

Strong or weak remains to be seen. It all depends on their leadership here.

By: Truth
by: Crazy FrogOct 20, 2014 12:27:38 PM

Just because a group is new it does not mean it is weak. Old houses try to give the new groups crap but often the new groups work harder and end up moving ahead of the lazier old groups.

By: Crazy Frog
#3  by: Interested   

How do we let them know we are interested in joining next fall?
I am extremely excited to see another chapter come to campus and am really hoping to become a part of phi mu..

By: Interested
by: FallOct 9, 2014 10:54:30 PM

That is an excellent question. I don't know for sure but if the have a regional alumni group they might know.

By: Fall
by: Phi MuOct 17, 2014 9:39:12 AM

You can contact our Greek Life office and they should be able to advise you on how to contact the group that will begin colonization in fall of 2015.

by: //////Oct 18, 2014 9:41:33 PM

Follow the above advice.

By: //////
#4  by: Fish    

I am interested in Phi Mu so I will contact Greek Life. For those that say it is a weak group you are misinformed. That are a top group nationally. Maybe more are in other states but that just means we need them here more.

By: Fish
by: @tcuOct 25, 2014 3:57:07 PM

People always bad mouth the newer groups out of their own insecurity. You go girl! Phi Mu is a great national group and getting good leadership in place is what they need.

By: @tcu
#5  by: Phi Mu   

Yes, they will begin to colonize in fall of the coming year. If you would like to become involved let Greek Life know. Can can also join them that spring. Fall 2016 they place members but they do not "compete" for girls with normal recruitment until Fall 2017. This is a golden opportunity to be a founding member and create a lasting legacy.

by: Tcu trainerOct 26, 2014 10:16:00 PM

Bump

By: Tcu trainer
#6  by: hi   

they wont be colonizing until 2016 so keep that in mind!

By: hi
by: ChillNov 18, 2014 11:43:27 AM

Putting this up top as FYI for girls who are wondering.

By: Chill
#7  by: Vic    

I hadn't heard it will now be 2016 before they come. This is good information to do.

By: Vic
by: FroggyNov 17, 2014 8:48:42 PM

Bump

By: Froggy
#8  by: !!!   

This is good information to know. 2016 means not an option right now.

By: !!!
#9  by: Fact   

If they are colonizing in 2016 does that mean they will start gathering leaders in 2015? How would someone become involved if they will be?

By: Fact
#10  by: TCU   

2016-good to know

By: TCU
by: Yellow RoseDec 21, 2014 12:02:49 AM

Facts ladies

By: Yellow Rose

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.