facebook

quota

by: nervous

I read where someone asked about being an upperclassmen and that theres a quota around 5-8 per sorority. So how many women go through this that are upperclassmen? Does every upperclassmen get a sorority in the end of it?

Posted By: nervous
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: quota   

Quota changes each year depending on the number of girls that are left by pref round that maximize their list (aka no suicide) and based on other math stuff I cant remember. No one will actually know what quota is until bid day because girls drop recruitment.

By: quota
by: thanks!Jul 31, 2014 11:50:32 PM

Okay that makes sense! I am just nervous being an upperclassmen. I know people are saying 1000+ girls will be rushing but are most of those freshmen or are there a lot of upperclassmen normally?

By: thanks!
by: MeAug 7, 2014 4:32:14 PM

Also, the upper class quota doesn't mean a house can't give out bids to more upper class PNMs than that. They can give out bids to additional girls they want under regular quota too. So let's say there are seven darling juniors you want. Quota ends up being 50 and UC quota is five. (obviously all made up numbers for an example) you can fill up those five UC spots plus two out of the 50, so you'd end up with 48 freshmen and seven juniors. Does that make sense? This is really stuff you shouldn't worry about. It's all out of your control.

By: Me
#2  by: Student   

As I am sure you have noticed by reading posts on here, reality is that every girl who goes through recruitment is nervous. We all were too! Whether it's your size, income, clothes, color, grades, shyness, classification... NO ONE doesn't have something they worry about. Jump in with both feet and be open minded to those that request you back and good things will happen. I would never want to go through recruitment again but it stress filled week earned be a house of sisters. They are well worth the stress of a few days.

By: Student
by: MeAug 7, 2014 4:34:05 PM

So true!

By: Me
by: PAug 15, 2014 4:23:52 PM

Awesome answer!!!!

By: P
#3  by: Senior   

Like others have said the quota differs each year according to the incoming class. Yes-the vast majority of girls rushing are incoming freshmen. Yes-there is a quota each house should fulfill for upperclassmen. Yes-Each girls who maximizes her invites each day should end up with a bid on bid day. If someone leaves off a house that invited them back they may end committing suicide. That could have been the only house that was going to ask you back the next day so you end up with nothing.

By: Senior
#4  by: Ft Worth Gals   

Just rate every house that you get an invite from like they rate you and you will get a bid. It's stressful but fool proof if you are respectful and don't think you know where you belong more than the members. Try to enjoy this once in a lifetime experience.

By: Ft Worth Gals
#5  by: reality    

You might not get a top house but you will get something. The top houses like younger girls so they can mold them.

By: reality
#6  by: Frog   

I believe every house will have a quota for upperclassmen. I'm sure coming in as a transfer can be intimidating but you will find a group that will welcome you. What matters is friendship what someone else deems as "top". Good luck and welcome to TCU.

By: Frog
by: $Aug 7, 2014 5:57:43 PM

You have as much chance as any upperclassmen of getting a top house. Do not let all the hype on here discourage you.

By: $
by: :-)Aug 8, 2014 12:48:38 PM

All houses have quotas. If you have a good resume, GPA, personality and are attractive you will be fine upperclassman or not. Be your best and maximize your invites.

By: :-)
by: ^Aug 8, 2014 2:01:09 PM

Well sort of. Upperclassman quota is optional so some houses can decide not to use it or only use part of it.

By: ^
by: TransferAug 8, 2014 8:16:14 PM

So does that mean that being a upperclassman I won't get a bid? Do only the struggling houses bid upperclassmen?

By: Transfer
by: @TransferAug 9, 2014 5:16:52 PM

STOP THINKING ABOUT TIERS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!! You are only setting yourself up for disappointment. You will honored if you get a bid to any TCU sorority. You can't control your class status. Be nice to everyone. Be yourself. Stop thinking you have to be in a "top" house because every house has something to offer. If you go in with that bad attitude then you will be much more likely to fail.

By: @Transfer
#7  by: Pan   

If you are a good candidate and maximize your invites you will in up with a bid. This does not disqualify you.

By: Pan
by: FrogAug 15, 2014 6:21:41 PM

Totally agree

By: Frog
#8  by: TCU    

Unless you are just awful you will receive a bid to a house at weeks end. Be respectful and friendly, put together well. Accept every invitation with appreciation and excitement at the prospect of joining a house and its fool proof. All the houses have sisters and social outlets. All are groups a person would be lucky to join.

By: TCU

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.