facebook

Lets ban Equestrian at TCU

by: former Equi girl

Don't get me wrong. I loved riding as a kid. But I have evolved and it's time to admit that HBR isn't okay. Horses don't choose to jump and perform. The days of Circus Animals is over. TCU needs to ban this practice.

Posted By: former Equi girl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: correct   

A horse's back is not a bench. You are so right. But you will get nowhere here at TCU with that sort of talk. This is a conservative school. Banning equestrian at Oberlin might be more doable. Good luck to you.

By: correct
by: duhJan 9, 2024 7:36:31 PM

You don't put a saddle on a bench

By: duh
by: mean girls rideJan 12, 2024 12:15:52 AM

but mean girls ride horses

By: mean girls ride
by: LOLJan 30, 2024 9:45:42 PM

this is awesome

By: LOL
by: so sadMar 1, 2024 6:26:12 AM

it really is animal abuse what they do to those horses. Horseback riding should not be allowed unless it's for necessity like police work. Those equestrian places are mean.

By: so sad
#2  by: lol   

good luck with that. this school is full of meanies who probably like seeing other living beings suffer

By: lol
#3  by: LOL   

This is so funny

By: LOL
by: why?Jan 10, 2024 9:33:39 PM

Why is it funny?

By: why?
#4  by: but but butt   

Can we sit on the butt part of the horse or just not on the back? did the horse tell you he thinks its mean?

By: but but butt
by: noJan 8, 2024 4:36:59 PM

not if animal cruelty finally gets banned at that school. When did making a horse jump become a sport?

By: no
by: end ACMar 5, 2024 10:26:50 AM

end Animal Cruelty now

By: end AC
#5  by: chcikcy    

without equestrian , how is TCU supposed to pretend that everyone here is old money and not really on Pell Grants?

By: chcikcy
#6  by: l/   

what worries me about equestrian is that it is known to be abusive to humans (especially women). there is a lot of bullying about size and weight and just bullying in general. there are influencers trying to bring attention to the topic

By: l/
by: hahahaJan 10, 2024 1:32:17 PM

Well INFLUENCERS yeah. That tells you all you need to know. OMG how stupid.

By: hahaha
by: hugJan 11, 2024 1:54:07 PM

the industry is a problem. lots of girls forced to stay a certain size and weight and lots of head games played with them. not a healthy industry. many of them are homeschooled in High School and that might be so that they can get under the radar with the abuse.

By: hug
by: @^Jan 11, 2024 7:23:30 PM

Are you denying that women in the Equestrian World are abused about body, weight and just in general? Either you aren't familiar with the industry or you are working really hard to cover up something you know to be true.There is no reason to have this archaic sport at our school. Nobody is better for it - especially not the horses or the women who are participating.

By: @^
by: PleaseJan 14, 2024 1:53:48 PM

Name a sport where anyone's body weight and composition doesn't matter. It's especially important for a rider to maintain appropriate weight because it impacts their horse. You must be that influencer who was denied being able to ride a horse at a ranch because you weigh over 240 pounds. Did you also whine when you couldn't fit into your airplane seat?

By: Please
by: Also @pleaseJan 16, 2024 11:21:08 PM

Google these Olympians: Jenny Arthur, Matt Stutzman, Cheryl Haworth, Dawn Ellerbe, Shane Hamman, Rulon Gardner, and plenty of other examples.

By: Also @please
#7  by: EEN   

Let's call if End Equestrian Now. EEN

By: EEN
by: .Feb 24, 2024 11:16:56 AM

it is a better gift than service because kindness to animals is ever lasting

By: .
#8  by: Stanley Cup Girl   

You can bring your Stanley cup with you to ride your horse. Puffer down puffy jackets

By: Stanley Cup Girl
#9  by: qh   

the reason girls in eq have to stay thin is so that the body weight doesn't hurt the horses jumping, it's the opposite of qbuse.

By: qh
by: skinnyFeb 23, 2024 9:43:44 PM

why so many skinny people not want to ride

By: skinny
#10  by: off topic   

wtf does equestrian have to do with frats and sororities? get off greekrank

By: off topic
by: loJan 15, 2024 1:22:02 PM

some girls go to horse back riding camp and meet future sorority sisters there so it is relevant

By: lo
by: rushJan 16, 2024 9:50:44 PM

I'm going to rush next year and I love horses so it matters to me

By: rush

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.