facebook

rush requirements

by: PNM

Is it true houses hold slide shows of the photos that are part of our resumes? What kind of shot works best. What are they looking for in PNM photos?

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: um   

Every house has a different selection process. And it's private information either way. No one can tell you.

By: um
#2  by: when   

there are 1000+ girls going through recruitment, it's nice to have something other than a paper description

By: when
#3  by: Pics   

Photos are used in some houses as another reference point. Send photos where you look natural and not too made up or staged. Let them see the real you.

By: Pics
by: NowJan 3, 2014 12:42:31 PM

Wise words

By: Now
by: Insider Mar 22, 2014 12:39:30 AM

Don't let this freak you out. Follow this advise and you should me fine.

By: Insider
by: Information NowMar 23, 2014 11:56:17 PM

Agree with dont freak

By: Information Now
#4  by: TCU   

Comment 4 is truthful and helpful advise

By: TCU
#5  by: Post   

I remember wondering about this. It's a good question and shouldn't have garnered rude responses. Listen to post 4 and you will be fine.

By: Post
#6  by: Pic   

It isn't as scary as it sounds. They use them as a reference to remember everyone. As mentioned before, don't send a glamour shot; just send a pretty but real photo of yourself. You want people to recognize you from your photo when you arrive.

By: Pic
by: FactMar 5, 2014 11:45:44 PM

Normally it is just to help put a face with the 1000 faces met that week. Some houses are more fixated on looks than others. No need to name the names because it will be obvious. We have been voted most beautiful campus by News Week so realize all houses have pretty girls though.

By: Fact
by: RecruitmentMar 23, 2014 12:13:14 AM

These ladies are telling the truth.

By: Recruitment
by: Texas Apr 18, 2014 1:39:39 AM

Some are more fixated on looks than others but make them natural and yes most time it's to help remember you.

By: Texas
#7  by: Snowy Day   

Comment 7 is honest advise.

By: Snowy Day
#8  by: Cheese   

Some houses do. Like stated before you want a nature pose where we can see your personality. Do not use some awkward props. I heard stories of a girl with a big watermelon. Lets just say the photo didn't help her out.

By: Cheese
by: LolFeb 23, 2014 8:10:31 PM

I heard the exact same story!

By: Lol
by: LolMar 31, 2014 1:03:13 AM

Omg I heard this too. How embarrassing.

By: Lol
#9  by: Adviser   

Some do but each house puts a different emphasis on them. The houses that are most concerned about looks place more concern on them. Be careful to send flattering but natural photos with your applications.

By: Adviser
by: HollyDec 15, 2013 11:22:38 AM

Good advise

By: Holly
by: curiousFeb 23, 2014 10:09:31 PM

So if you don't mind me asking, which sororities tend to place a large emphasis on looks? Just wondering what to expect.

By: curious
by: Recruit Apr 1, 2014 6:04:52 PM

Each chapter has their own process so no one could honestly answer what the other groups do.

By: Recruit
by: TCU Apr 19, 2014 2:02:30 AM

Most us them use them to remember all the girls who come through. Don't be freaked out about this.

By: TCU
#10  by: Lovely   

Some do but just send good photos where you look natural. There are too many girls to remember by name so the photos help.

By: Lovely

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.