facebook

pros and cons of sophomore rush

by: G

Hey! I couldn't rush as a freshman due to money and time, but I want to rush this January. Anything I should be wary about? Are the houses less likely to pick me because I'm already a sophomore?

Posted By: G
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Sophomore   

I rushed last year as a sophomore and I had a bunch of friends who also rushed as sophomores and the same houses called all of us back. There are definitely some houses that are less likely to take sophomores so don't be upset if you don't get called back to the houses you were expecting.

By: Sophomore
#2  by: Truth   

Any house will take you if you fit in there. I rushed as a sophomore and I'm in a "top house" with amazing sisters who were worth the wait. Also I didn't know any girls in my house previous to rush so it really doesn't matter if you know people or not. if you fit in, you fit in.

By: Truth
#3  by: X   

also make sure that you are willing and able to commit financially to a sorority.

I totally understand money being an issue. It kept me from rushing freshman year. But I was still shocked to find out that it can costs $600-$1500 a semester to be in a sorority.

So just make sure you can commit before you rush:)

By: X
by: Add onsJul 7, 2015 3:58:50 PM

Also keep in mind that you have other sorority costs outside of dues. T-Shirts and other add ons are included in the "base price"

By: Add ons

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.