facebook

How many PNM and how many bids

by: CuseNJ

Anyone know how many started rush and how many ended up with a bid

Posted By: CuseNJ
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Unanimous    

Good question it seems like some sororities only had 39 or 40 new members offer sororities from their instagram posts maybe 60 / 1200 rushing definitely more than half with dropped or didn’t get bids but I’m just estimating. There really should be more sororities on a campus that has about 20k undergraduates.

By: Unanimous
by: Unknown Mar 7, 2024 1:40:43 AM

Correction in my comment some sororities 39/40 some 60-70. The fact still stands -there are not enough sororities to make everyone part of Greek life - inclusion is important no girl should be denied that experience.

By: Unknown
#2  by: huh   

I don't know how many PNMs started rush but quota was @ 63 and then some houses added more than that if they had space.

By: huh
by: Unanimous Mar 9, 2024 9:54:17 AM

A couple of the sorority instagram pictures I counted 39/40 new pledges so not sure why those sororities didn’t get added to COB. I did hear it was 1100-1200 that rushed. The fact still remains for that amount of girls that want to be in Greek life there are not enough chapters on campus.

#3  by: Eh.   

How are there not enough chapters? If a PNM makes it to preference, she will get a bid as long as she lists all her choices. The overwhelming majority of women who don’t get bids elect to drop out because they don’t necessarily like their options. That doesn’t mean they didn’t have options left.

Any new chapters that are added are going to take time to grow and find their place, too. It’s a campus where you pretty much have to provide housing and it’s fairly competitive, so there are a lot of risks if a chapter would decide to expand here.

By: Eh.
by: Unanimous Mar 11, 2024 2:40:08 AM

A lot of girls dropped out dropped out because they were invited back to their bottom choices. Even if each sorority filled 63 as a quota that would be 819 getting a spot and almost 400 who didn’t. I know personally my daughter didn’t see herself in either of the bottom ones that invited her back. I don’t think the pnms should have to feel like they should pick one they don’t see themselves in just to get into the system. Also because of the strict rules around bidding if they want to re rush the best option for many of them was to drop out in the hopes next year they would get invited back to at least 3-4 of the houses they really saw themselves as a good fit. That wasn’t the case for many of the pnms who got dropped from almost all of the ones they liked when they found out the morning after Greek round 2. I know my daughter had two choices out of the 4 that who invited her back and then those two ended up dropping her and she put them on the top of her list everytime they had to rate them. How exactly is that fair. Also a lot of the rho gammas encouraged girls to keep going to each round even if it was t the ones they liked. Many dropped out during the week of rush and a majority dropped off before bid day for the reason above it wasn’t a good fit for them. Many colleges have been expanding chapters because enrollment has increased and they want to make it more inclusive for people to be a part of Greek life.

by: EhMar 11, 2024 9:49:13 AM

This is the dumbest thing I’ve ever read in my life. It’s a selective system. It’s inherently NOT inclusive. You actually expect organizations to commit to a new colony featuring housing, because your “DD” didn’t get her heart’s content? Sorry the little princess didn’t realize that she isn’t as hot of a commodity as you seem to think she is…tough break in life. If you play the world’s smallest violin in pity, maybe you would be able to find someone who cares.

By: Eh
#4  by: Unanimous    

You obviously have an issue grow up and how dare you say any of the girls including my daughter that didn’t get the one they thought were better fits was they they won’t hot enough who do you think you are!!!

#5  by: LMAO   

A mom on GR telling someone to grow up?

Is your name Karen, by chance? “My daughter didn’t get what she wanted. THE SYSTEM NEEDS TO CHANGE.”

By: LMAO
#6  by: uh   

I agree with what Eh said above. Girls are dropping out because they aren't willing to give any houses besides what they think are their top houses a chance. That's on them, not the system. It's a selective system and it's not a 50-50 balance. The houses ultimately decide who they want to have back. If girls who go to pref round and didn't get the house they wanted were allowed to rush other houses COB right away, it would be even harder for so-called "lower" houses to build and to improve the reputation on campus. Adding a whole bunch of new houses will just make it worse. if anything, have sororities, not be on social media or should pause social media during the time leading up to formal recruitment, would encourage PNMs to develop their own opinion of houses, rather than letting instagram and tiktok influence what house is "best".

By: uh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.