facebook

president trophy

by: The truthful Facts

President's Trophy is about WINNING the President's trophy.
Here are the WINNERS congrats to them all! Anything else is a lame attempt to hype a house that hasn't won.

2014- Theta and Beta
2013- Kappa and Beta
2012- Theta and Lambda
2011- Theta and Sig Ep
2010- Tridelta and DU
2009- AGD and Lambda
2008- PBP and Sig Ep
2007- Tridelta and Sig Ep
2006- Chi Omega and Omega Delta Pi
2005- PBP and Phi Delt
2004- PBP and Beta
2003- Tridelta tie with GPB and PKA tie with Lambda
2002-Theta and Lambda
2001-Delta Gamma and Alpha Sigma Phi
2000-Kappa and Alpha Phi Alpha tie with Sig Ep
1999-Delta Gamma and Alpha Sigma Phi
1998-Gamma Phi Beta and Lambda Chi
1997- Tridelta and Pi Kappa Phi
1996- Chi Omega and Lambda

1996 was the inaugural year. The top houses at OU want to WIN! Recent history has Theta and Beta usually taking those honors. Any other post on President's trophy is simply twisting the truth. In addition these are the Greeks that have Won the award. The housing centers also compete and WIN the award each year too!

Posted By: The truthful Facts
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: congrats to the greeks   

Seems like all of the housing at OU has won one year too

By: congrats to the greeks
#2  by: me   

I can bump too!

By: me
#3  by: Gee   

Someone wants to bury facts

By: Gee
#4  by: taking issue   

Winning is a huge honor and one that every house wants. BUT houses I take issue with your statement that the runner up and special awards are a "lame attempt to hype a house that hasn't won." As was pointed out, most houses at OU have won at one time or another. So you have to look at ones that consistently win the top award (say Theta) and those that consistently win the special awards to determine the TOP HOUSES. It's not just "President's Trophy and the Ten Losers" like you're saying. Maybe your house doesn't care about doing the activities that result in these special awards, but some houses do. Those are the top houses.

By: taking issue
by: ^Oct 22, 2014 9:37:06 AM

Sorry but these houses WON period. You want to do all the little awards for all the years knock yourself out otherwise quit twisting facts.

By: ^
by: ?Oct 22, 2014 9:40:08 PM

I'm not going to list all the awards for all of the years because I have a life and limited time to comment to your stupid remarks. I only know since I've been here and the same houses won PT and the special awards both years (last year the winners included a non-Pan house too).

The houses that won the last two years are:
Theta
Kappa
Tri Delta
Gamma Phi
Pi Phi

Those are fact. Any twisting is done by those denying the facts.

By: ?
by: ^Oct 22, 2014 10:57:13 PM

More likely you don't even know who won the lesser awards for any other years because no one cares. It doesn't even mean those houses came close to winning the presidents trophy. More likely you have nothing else to say for your house. It's twisted if you only put up two years. Also just so you know PAN-Hellenic is AKA which is Greek. So when you are actually educated on FACTS you should share them. But you did prove a great point-- NO ONE CARES enough about the little consolation awards to remember who wins them. With 10 given out each year every house has won them repeatedly!! Hahahahaha thanks for sharing that no ones caring who LOSES each year!!!

by: aboveOct 23, 2014 9:16:41 PM

obviously from a sore loser house!

By: above
#5  by: Pan <3   

facts recorded by the school beats twisted opinion anyday

By: Pan <3
#6  by: Actually   

Top houses win president's trophy or one of the special awards year after year. Winning one year doesn't matter. The reason the consistency matters is because president's trophy is a recognition of a combination of academics, campus involvement, community involvement, and multicultural events. The winner places highest in all the areas combined and the special award winners are the best in each area. The houses most people consider top houses are successful year after year.

By: Actually
by: usuallyOct 23, 2014 9:29:03 AM

Usually the reason people disagree on this website is because an observation puts their house in a bad light. Everyone KNOWS that the pres trophy awards matter and are very excited when their house wins any part of the pres trophy awards. The people on here who pretend not to care probably come from houses which never win those types of awards.

By: usually
by: trueOct 23, 2014 9:28:06 PM

I've seen several comments denigrating the special awards. People who post that they don't matter are obviously in a house doesn't win those type of awards.

By: true
by: ^Oct 24, 2014 9:09:03 AM

Nah it's just with 5 given out each year everyone has won numerous little awards. The win is the big trophy. Notice no one can even write who's won the little ones. Person who comments on the last two years doesn't even mention sorority AKA and a bunch of the lower frats got them. The big trophy is what counts and people remember it. If a house has nothing but the little awards to brag on I guess they have too but no one cares about them.

by: ^Oct 24, 2014 9:47:45 PM

You don't even know how many there are. There are only four. No one can write who won them because no one wants to devote the time to research something just to satisfy your curiosity. Obviously your house hasn't won any!

In 2013 it was:
Kappa and Theta for the win and place
Theta for academics
Tri Delta for community involvement
Gamma Phi for campus involvement
Pi Phi for multicultural

In 2014 it was:
Theta and Tri Delta for the win and place
Gamma Phi for academics
AKA (non-panhellenic) for community involvement
Pi Phi for multicultural

If you want to know more, research it yourself. These are the top panhellenic houses at OU.

by: ^Oct 24, 2014 9:53:59 PM

So funny you don't know the rest because you don't care and no one else does either. You are proving the wrong point- no one cares who doesn't WIN.

by: ^Oct 24, 2014 9:55:26 PM

So the girl who keeps saying AKA is non Panhellenic is wrong they are Greek and are PAN Hellenic

by: ^Oct 24, 2014 9:57:56 PM

It is 5- there is ONE WINNER and then the other 5. Runner up is not the winner they fall under the "other 5"

by: ^Oct 24, 2014 10:03:59 PM

Houses that win the special awards document one section of the book best - they aren't the third fourth fifth place etc. GPB wasn't 1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th etc in grades either -- they documented that section of the book well that's it period. I only point them out because the GPAs of the houses are publicly documented and the other things like multicultural are not. If that's important to you great, if it's not that's fine too. Sounding like a broken record on this site won't make anyone think more or less of a house because people actually know all about each house on the real life campus of OU.

by: aboveJan 10, 2015 11:31:40 PM

Ha Ha Ha!! Obviously you don't realize that you can't "document" what you don't do. The only way you can document your grades is if you make them. The way you document your activities is to participate. You document your successes in everything by achieving it first then documenting it.

If you are from a house that doesn't care about the special awards, it's likely because you're from one of the houses that isn't very involved on campus and has little to "document."

#7  by: OU Greek life reality 😁   

We are #1
We are #1
We are #1
Wait, what do I know....I'm OU Greek. I cannot keep track!!

By: OU Greek life reality 😁
#8  by: Anon   

Great history 15 pages behind nonsense posts

By: Anon
#9  by: @€   

Yes let's congratulate all the greeks who have graduated and won presidents trophy. If you no longer have an active member that has won it is kinda lame to take credit for something no one in your current chapter had anything to do with. Next

By: @€
#10  by: Me   

so this is the list from the beginning. Every house wins the smaller awards there are so many but this is the list of winners

By: Me
by: aboveJan 10, 2015 11:34:34 PM

These are the only houses that have won the special awards since I've been here:

In 2013 it was:
Kappa and Theta for the win and place
Theta for academics
Tri Delta for community involvement
Pi Phi for multicultural

In 2014 it was:
Theta and Tri Delta for the win and place
Gamma Phi for academics
AKA (non-panhellenic) for community involvement
Pi Phi for multicultural

Are you saying all the other houses won special awards in 2012? I think not. It's obvious that SOME houses are active and win recognition of their involvement. Others are not that active and don't win awards. Case closed.

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.