facebook

from thoughtful tulane sorority member

by: Patterns

Everyone in the Greek community has heard of, if not visited, GreekRank.com. If you are an exception or simply not in Greek life, GreekRank is a website where every campus fraternity and sorority chapter can be ranked based on looks, popularity, classiness, involvement, social life and sisterhood/brotherhood. The ranks are given by anyone, either anonymously or not, and include comments explaining the ranking. Does it sound shallow yet? Don’t worry, it gets worse.

GreekRank was designed with good intentions in mind, I’m sure. In it’s best form, the website provides a place for incoming freshman to get a more honest gist of how each chapter is perceived on campus. I, as an incoming freshman not too long ago, can say that I read GreekRank when trying to determine which sororities I may like when rush rolled around. I immediately regretted using GreekRank because all it did was tell me how mean, criticizing and shameful the Greek community was at large and discouraged me from rushing at all.

GreekRank is not a “real” and “honest” review of any campus chapter. If it were, then the ratings would be roughly the same from each commentator and would include a wide variety of perspectives from the campus. Since neither of these facts is true, readers are left to wonder who is determining the “end all be all” rankings for these sororities and fraternities. With the exception of very rare occasions, I can confidently say that rankings do NOT come from the 30-80% of students on campu

Posted By: Patterns
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: OU Greek life lowest    

OU Greek life has the worst reputation. Look at their posting. It follows them everywhere.

By: OU Greek life lowest
#2  by: :0   

minor adjustment

By: :0
#3  by: OU   

it say's Tulane

By: OU
by: @~~~~8Nov 22, 2014 8:53:13 PM

So....it still applies

By: @~~~~8
#4  by: @rankersanonymous    

Agree

By: @rankersanonymous
#5  by: @they are at it again   

Rankers are at it again

By: @they are at it again
#6  by: ^^^   

True at OU also.

By: ^^^
#7  by: @sotrue   

The crazies are out again. I wish they would read this post. Their are a few who are like starved pit bulls they latch on and won't let go.

By: @sotrue
#8  by: @spotbias   

Great post

By: @spotbias
#9  by: @spotbias   

Change of subject

By: @spotbias
#10  by: @subjectchange   

Bump

By: @subjectchange

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.