facebook

actual current rankings going into recruitment

by: OU Greek Girls

You'll see lots of rankings on here but most of them are wrong. These are the most current ranks and are unbiased.

Theta / Tri Delta / Kappa
Gamma Phi / Pi Phi
Alpha Chi / DG / Chi O / A Phi
AOII / AGD

The top five sororities are the ones that recruit girls with the highest grades, fullest resumes and best recs. They end up winning president's trophy or special awards year after year. There is a list on here somewhere of the winners.

The next group of houses are also good but they take girls with either a bit lower grades or girls with questionable reputations. They often win or place in events such as homecoming or scandals.

The next group of houses are also very good but have the misfortune of getting a lot of bad press as "bottom tier." That makes a lot of shallow girls drop out of recruitment rather than give them a chance. The girls in those houses, though, are really great girls and deserve to be given a chance.

Regardless of where you end up, we promise you, being in a sorority is more fun than being independent.I know a girl who got her absolute last choice last year and she's had an amazing year.

Posted By: OU Greek Girls
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: ugh.   

DG is not on the same page as ChiO. MAYBE Chi-o is on the same level as Aphi and GPhi but DEFINITELY not DG and AXO.

DG and AXO and AOII should be their own tier.

By: ugh.
by: ^Jul 21, 2014 1:08:54 AM

LOL it's the obsessed GPB girl again. Everyone knows her ranking is always wrong!!

By: ^
by: nahJul 21, 2014 4:08:12 PM

I'm not a GPB and I agree that they're up there. I'd put them def above PBP but below the top 3. I guess you'll probably say I'm a GPB because I disagree with you, but then you'd just be wrong again.

By: nah
by: ohmygod!Jul 31, 2014 3:22:25 PM

I wrote it. I'm a Tri Delta.

By: ohmygod!
#2  by: DG   

I agree. I'd put DG on the same line as AOII and AGD. They're all good sisterhoods but maybe not as selective as AXO, AP, and XO. The other rankings are correct.

By: DG
#3  by: QR   

I wouldn't say QR, I'd say that they maybe partied more than other girls in high school. It doesn't necessarily mean more than that.

By: QR
#4  by: Me   

UNBIASED???? Yeah, right! Only GPBs would rank themselves in the top 5!

By: Me
by: nahJul 22, 2014 12:55:47 PM

Actually, I'd say that everyone -- certainly all the pnms going through recruitment -- would consider GPB as a top house. You seem to be the only one who wouldn't. And since you seem to not like Kappa or Tri Delta either, I'm saying GPB is in pretty good company.

By: nah
by: ohmygod!Jul 31, 2014 3:23:24 PM

I'm a Tri Delta. I rank Gamma Phi in the top 4.

By: ohmygod!
#5  by: ranking   

Best ranking!

By: ranking
#6  by: must be true!   

I don't like the rankings that pick on one sorority like a big bully. I have my own opinion of which house is behind the hate, and for sure they don't belong in the top tier like they keep bumping that they do. Anyways this ranking is true since I've been at OU.

By: must be true!
by: trueJul 23, 2014 3:09:36 PM

It's always that same girl. I recognize the way she writes. This is the correct ranking even if she does bump enough of her old comments to move this comment to the second page.

By: true
#7  by: REALLY TRUE   

you just wish this was correct!

By: REALLY TRUE
by: trueJul 24, 2014 2:31:48 PM

It's different for everyone, but this is correct for me.

By: true
#8  by: agree   

I agree. These rankings are at least more true than any of the other ones I've seen putting Chi O as a top house and A Phi as an upper middle house. I'd put both of those houses at the bottom of the middle. I would base it on which girls they rec house and ruited from my high school. The girls I liked the most went to my house and a couple of others (KAT, DDD, GPB).

By: agree
#9  by: good comment   

After reading the comments by the girl who puts Chi O next to Tri Delta, this is a blissfully accurate comment. The way recruitment works is the the top houses are top because they have girls who are able to recruit good new classes. If you go here you know who gets the best class. They're the ones full of girls already in activities like PLC. They get national merit scholars. They get girls who go on to be top 10 each year and bwoc. They know how to then encourage those girls to achieve a lot. They don't take girls who were party girls in hs or who have that reputation. Their hometown groups tell them who the qr girls are and they don't get invited back.

Now qr is just one aspect and some houses are happy to take those girls because they often pretty, sometimes hs cheerleaders, and very popular with the guys (not always for the right reasons!) Those houses brag about how popular their girls are but top girls tend to avoid those houses because they knew those girls in hs.

By: good comment
by: agreeJul 24, 2014 7:31:18 PM

You must be a Tri Delta because you perfectly described Tri Delta's new member class from last year. That's why it's irritating to see Chi O describe themselves as competing with Tri Delta when there is really no overlap.

Tri Delta's new members are described in the first paragraph.

Chi O's new members are described in the second paragraph

By: agree
#10  by: tiers   

I hope that PNMs don't drop out of recruitment because they are left with what some call lower tier houses. It doesn't mean that the house isn't filled with great girls. Sometimes girls get cut from top houses because their high school grades are one hundredth of a point lower than cut off. Sometimes a girl gets bumped to accommodate a legacy. There are many hundreds of top PNMs - enough to fill top houses and have hundreds left over. So whatever house you choose will have a good share of really outstanding girls.

By: tiers

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.