facebook

Out of State PNM

by: Texasgirl

I’ll be attending OU on a full academic scholarship next year. I come from a very greek family (mom, aunts, cousins, and sisters all in sororities) but have no connections at OU. What houses typically take OOS girls with no connections?

Posted By: Texasgirl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Legacy   

What are your legacy chapters??

By: Legacy
by: Texasgirl Oct 3, 2023 10:25:32 AM

Mom-Alpha Phi
Grandmother—ZTA
Aunt—ZTA
sister—Alpha Gam
sister—ADPi
cousin—Phi Mu
(I realize aunts/cousins don’t always count)

By: Texasgirl
by: Legacy Oct 3, 2023 3:35:36 PM

Alpha Gam & Alpha Phi both take OOS students. Both strong chapters. Depending on the year Alpha Phi has cut on looks, can be a little superficial. But things change year to year depending on leadership. So you should have a shot at either being a legacy.

By: Legacy
#2  by: Texasgirl   

Thank you for your response. Am I limited to legacy chapters?

By: Texasgirl
by: Advice Oct 4, 2023 4:39:16 PM

Absolutely not! Usually it's connections of in-house members so I would reach out to them and make your name known.

By: Advice
by: pommmmOct 8, 2023 11:47:46 AM

I would advise you not to list your legacies on any official recruitment paperwork that all chapters will see. There are houses that do cut PNMs for being legacies to other chapters.

Have your mom and sister fill out RIFs with Alpha Phi and Alpha Gam letting them know you're a legacy but don't share that info with any other chapters.

By: pommmm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.