facebook

Think I chose the wrong house

by: Mistake

I’m a new member who was a legacy going through recruitment. I chose the house that was in my family, and I feel like I’ve made a terrible mistake. I haven’t really connected with anyone, don’t hang out with anyone in my pledge class, the house doesn’t really have the new members spend a lot of time there. I spend the majority of time with friends from other houses and actually have more connection with those members. I don’t know who to talk to about this. I know I signed a bid card, but if I don’t go through with initiation, would I have options in the future to join another house?

Posted By: Mistake
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yes   

I didn’t make friends with most girls in my mc until we did recruitment and moved in. Every chapter has 300 members and I know that there is a group in your chapter for you!

If you are in a top 8 house, it is not likely that you will be able to rush another top 8 house next year. If you’re in a bottom 3 you’re probably not going to rush a top 8 house as a soph because rush is harder as a sophomore. I’d stay where you are

By: Yes
by: CuriousNov 30, 2023 11:35:33 AM

So I’m genuinely curious, what are the top 8?

By: Curious
by: This is it Dec 9, 2023 6:41:19 PM

Top 8 Alphabetically

Alpha Chi Omega
Alpha Phi
Chi Omega
Delta Delta Delta
Delta Gamma
Kappa Alpha Theta
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Pi Beta Phi

Bottom 3 Alphabetically
Alpha Gamma Delta
Alpha Omicron Pi
Gamma Phi Beta

By: This is it
by: Ha haDec 17, 2023 10:18:52 PM

Gotta love the Alpha Chis. They love to put their name first and I've noticed that they pick on the same house every time for last or bottom tier. Whats up with that?

By: Ha ha
by: @ aboveDec 28, 2023 11:12:15 AM

Are you dumb?? It says alphabetical, it’s literally listed that way on ou Panhellenic but without being in tiers 💀
If you’re mad at the top 8 and bottom 3 talk to anyone who went through rush in the fall

By: @ above
by: @ aboveDec 28, 2023 11:12:52 AM

Are you dumb?? It says alphabetical, it’s literally listed that way on ou Panhellenic but without being in tiers 💀
If you’re mad at the top 8 and bottom 3 talk to anyone who went through rush in the fall and they will tell you something similar

By: @ above
#2  by: @Orig Poster   

You'll make plenty of friends when you start working on hoco, dm, using, etc.

By: @Orig Poster
#3  by: Breathe   

My advice is to get involved. Sign up for activities. You'll start making friends.

By: Breathe
#4  by: !   

You gotta make the effort girlie

By: !
#5  by: Amazing    

Amazing!!! For once GR users giving sound advice. 👍

By: Amazing

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.