facebook

Rushing as A transfer

by: sooner

Hey guys I am am transfer student coming from a really small school where there wasn’t any greek life. I am a little bit nervous about rushing here at OU since I don’t really know any girls in sororities. Everything I have seen says it’s important to know people in houses before you rush as a Sophomore/Upper Classmen. Do you guys have any advice for me/Do you think rushing is even worth it, I do have an okayish GPA (3.15) and I was very involved in my High School. Just wanting some tips to get a house that would really suit me. Do the houses have sophomore/transfer quotas like Alabama or no. Thanks for the help

Posted By: sooner
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Dotty   

Only like 2 of our houses take anyone besides freshman, which is sucky but it’s true. Those first 2 days are pretty pointless if you are above a freshman because you will automatically get cut no matter how much people like you.

By: Dotty
#2  by: oklahoma   

The other reply is wrong and right at the same time. Although sororities here at OU will take sophomores it is a very small number like maybe 1 or 2, but as long as you be yourself, make great conversation you should do just fine.

By: oklahoma
#3  by: Rush   

Do it!! I rushed as a sophomore not really knowing anyone and I had a full schedule every day of rush! (My GPA was similar to yours) Keep your social media public so that the girls will be able to learn more about you, and come ready with lots of things to talk about. I was super exhausted by the end of rush because I relied so heavily on my personality to carry me through it but it was worth it and I ended up in a house I wanted.

By: Rush
#4  by: Observer   

ATO and BETA take ANYONE 1/2 their members are transfers

By: Observer
#5  by: Advice    

Save your self esteem from the hit it would take during formal recruitment. Half the houses will do informal recruitment after. Informal allows the chapter to really know you before voting for you. Highly suggest informal recruitment for those with average to low gpa or those who don’t know anyone in the chapter.

Your choices after day two during formal will most likely reflect the houses doing informal. And informal is less stressful and much less expensive.

By: Advice

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.