facebook

going out

by: Pnm

So In my state it is common (almost encouraged) for the pnm's to go out whenever they are at orientation, whether it is a frat party or just going down town, we are supposed to go out. In MS do girls look down on the girls that go out during their orientation? what could be the possible consequences?

Posted By: Pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ....   

So idk if you're considering 2 schools still when school starts in 2 months, or if you are just trying to stir up drama, but you posted this same exact question word for word on Alabama's greek rank page except for you changed "Alabama" to "MS". Just stop

By: ....
#2  by: another pnm   

where do we go out after orientation?

By: another pnm
by: BarsMay 30, 2015 12:04:38 AM

Levee and corner are very popular "freshman bars". Are you staying in the dorms for orientation? Go out with your roommate. Or go out with girls from your orientation group. This is a perfect time to make friends and connections. Everyone is a little lost and nervous. Lots of girls dont know many people during orientation.

By: Bars
#3  by: another pnm   

I am staying in the dorm! I messaged my roommate a few times on the ole miss website, but no response:(
It is a bummer because I really want to get to know her before the schoolyear starts!

I will def go to the corner and levee when I arrive!

By: another pnm
#4  by: Wait but...   

This sounds incredibly juvenile, but how do we get into bars at 17-18 years old? Do they just not card in Oxford or are we expected to have fakes?

By: Wait but...
by: IMay 30, 2015 9:33:37 AM

was wondering the same thing

By: I
by: UhmMay 30, 2015 10:49:46 AM

You can get into bars at 18 in mississippi. If you're 17 then you either need to borrow a friends 18 ID or go to frat party's.

By: Uhm
by: ;)May 30, 2015 4:24:37 PM

There are two bars that will let 18 year olds in. I don't think I'm aloud to say them on here but just ask the orientation leader if need be (they're cooler than you think)

By: ;)
#5  by: Questioning advice   

I'm totally questioning this entire thread and advice. It totally sounds like someone who never went through orientation.

First of all, when I went to orientation, VERY FEW girls went out to the bars. Most stayed and participated in the orientation events. Those girls who did go out went out with their parents.
My friend and I went out went our moms. Oxford was DEAD!

Secondly, there are very few sorority actives left in Oxford and those who are are taking classes and studying! Unless you are there on a weekend, don't expect a big night out.

Lastly, there will not be any fraternity parties going on.

Quit giving out advice that has every pnm scurrying around Oxford stalking sorority actives! It just doesn't happen!

I spent two weeks in the May intercession. If I did go out with my friends, the last thing we wanted was to bother with pnm!

Any opportunities that do occur are arraigned in advance and only if you are friends with us from our hometown.

By: Questioning advice
#6  by: Truth bout Orientation   

Very few girls went out during orientation. Orientation leaders set up a party for you to go to in the Grove and it's a good way to meet girls. I know it sounds lame, but Oxford is dead in the summer and you should go meet and greet with some girls in your class! You'll be surprised how many friends you'll meet!

There are almost no actives in Oxford while you're their either. Even if they are there, they are working and/or studying for a summer class. Summer classes are only a few weeks long so it's fast paced and there's not a lot of free time.

I hate to tell y'all this, but if I only had one night to go out I would be going with my friends and sisters, not some random PNMs that I met while they were at orientation.

Y'all do your own thing at orientation. There's time to meet us before rush

By: Truth bout Orientation

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.