facebook

hottytoddygoshalmighty

by: legacy

Just curious, when y'all get a legacy, how does your sorority look at them?

You don't have to say what sorority you are in if you do not want too?

Do they get extra consideration or a courtesy round? Or is it fair game for everyone.

Posted By: legacy
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Depends   

DG only care about you if you are an in house legacy.

By: Depends
by: LikeMay 24, 2015 2:46:12 PM

if you have a sister who is an active DG at Ole Miss? They don't care about you if you're just a chapter legacy?

By: Like
by: NoMay 24, 2015 4:49:50 PM

Chapter legacies are different. If you have a sister in the house, the only way you won't get a bid is if your sister says no.

If you have an active sister in any house, prepare to get cut from a lot of houses first round. We won't waste spots on you if we think we don't have a shot of getting you.

By: No
#2  by: Well...   

It depends on the sorority and the national's rules for the legacies. Some require the sorority to invite the legacy back no matter what to the 2nd round, some say that a sorority can't cut a legacy after Skit... It really depends on the house.
Some houses don't really care about legacies that much (DDD and KD have dropped legacies after the first round)

By: Well...
by: I thoughtMay 24, 2015 2:47:36 PM

Tri Delt had to keep girls back for one courtesy round? Idk I guess I could be wrong

By: I thought
by: ^May 24, 2015 9:47:59 PM

I knew a lot a legacies that were cut after the 1st round

By: ^
by: personMay 24, 2015 11:00:51 PM

for Tri Delt or all the sororities?

By: person
by: So manyMay 24, 2015 11:16:15 PM

There are so many legacies and more and more quality girls are coming to ole miss each year. I'm sure that chapters will protect their legacies, but if your mom or grandmother went to school somewhere else, you will be treated just like any other pnm!

Top tier houses are not going to pass on a great pnm just because a Georgia legacy come through.

They will take the better girls over legacies.

By: So many
#3  by: .   

What about phi mu and kappa?

By: .
by: IdkMay 24, 2015 4:52:24 PM

Rumor has it that both phi mu and kappa chose their own girls without input from the alumni.

Legacies may not be as protected in these houses as they would in some of the others.

By: Idk
#4  by: Web sites.    

Most national sorority website will tell you their policy regarding legacies.

For example: DG is supposed to give their legacies an automatic invite to the second round. If they invite you back for pref, they HAVE to have you on their first list.

Ddd treats their legacies as any other pnm, meaning there is no rules that say pnm get any sort of special treatment.

Xo is similar to DG.

Google their national websites to find out for yourself.

By: Web sites.
by: yeahMay 25, 2015 1:34:39 PM

I've done that before and I could have sworn that Tri Delt said that legacies get invited back for a courtesy round. But I just checked again and it says "Chapters are encouraged, but not required, to entertain legacies for a minimum of one invitational event if possible."

By: yeah
by: .May 25, 2015 1:51:34 PM

I can't find anything on phi mu or kappas website. It just says what a legacy is.

By: .
#5  by: Not a Tri Delt but...   

Since there are a lot of people asking about Tri Delt I thought I'd share my friend's story. A friend of mine who was in my rush group was a legacy to Tri Delt (not at Ole Miss however). I'm not sure how her rush went inside the house, but I do know she did not look like what you would think of of a Tri Delt if you had to imagine one in your head. She was not invited back for a courtesy round.

By: Not a Tri Delt but...
by: SororitiesMay 27, 2015 6:20:37 AM

Yeah, DG and kappa were my legacy houses and ironically those were the two houses that cut me first round.

It actually helped me out in the end. The houses that I loved going into rush knew that I wasn't going to pledge my legacy houses, so they were able to have more confidence in me that I chose them.

By: Sororities
#6  by: pnm   

is it bad to put your legacy house(s) at the top of your list?

Will actives think it is a waste of time if they think you are want your legacy house the most?

By: pnm
by: NoJun 8, 2015 10:48:13 PM

It's not bad. If you are a great pnm, there is nothing we would love ore than to steal a legacy away from another chapter.

By: No
#7  by: non-chapter legacy   

Ole Miss sororities only care about extending any sort of courtesy to their chapter legacies. If you are not a chapter legacy, you will be treated just like any other PNM. It really doesn't matter what their national website says. Our chapters are way to overcrowded with hundreds of legacies going through each year. Nationals cannot dictate how Ole Miss does things, when we have one of the largest and most competitive rushes in the nation.

By: non-chapter legacy
by: ^^^Jun 9, 2015 12:17:59 PM

there are so much conflicting information on the website, it is crazy. I have heard the complete opposite of this and everything in between.

By: ^^^
by: Top vs bottomJun 9, 2015 12:42:22 PM

Top houses will tell you differently than bottom houses.

It really depends on the house and how popular they are. The more popular the house the more girls want a bid, the less room for legacies.

By: Top vs bottom
#8  by: ^^^   

Well what about the middle tier houses?

By: ^^^
by: Top vs bottomJun 9, 2015 1:06:26 PM

Middle tier is a mixed bag. It really depends on so many different factors.

The reason you are seeing so many so many contradicting posts is because there are too many different factors involved here. And every year the pnm classes change.

By: Top vs bottom

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.