facebook

each house

by: Hawty Tawty

Top:
-DDD/XO- Both are full of pretty and wealthy ladies! XO is known for their brains and for being more down to earth while DDD are known for looks. I know a few in both houses and they are really sweet!
-KD/DG- Both are competitive. KD is full of the girls who used to be cheerleaders while DG is full of girls who would have definitely been on student council during HS. Both houses are well respected and have great philanthropies!
Mid:
-Phi Mu/Kappa- Lots of OOS girls and lots of beauties too! Phi Mu is chiller than Kappa, but they are both extremely fun to be around! Phi Mus are the ones who you can count on to help with your hair while you can count on Kappas to plan a fun night out!
Lower Mid (why do we have this? make them middle perhaps?):
-AOPi/Pi Phi- Equal in beauty, brains, and sweetness!! I kind of see them like Phi Mu and Kappa...kinda like sisters!! AOPis are the sweet, down to earth ones (who are known for a really good sisterhood!) while Pi Phis are the partiers! Two great houses and both have awesome girls!
Bottom:
-ADPi/Theta- Both are diverse and they are melting pots that include fun, smart, big, small, hot, and cute girls! ADPi is new with lots of potential and Theta is rising while getting their name up there! Great sisterhoods and lots of potential with the new PC class coming soon!

Coming Soon: Alpha Phi (didn't forget about you!)

Posted By: Hawty Tawty
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Boring    

Where are the brutally honest rankings?

By: Boring
by: ActuallyMay 19, 2015 9:45:52 PM

This is actually not so boring when you get that the descriptions are dead on. However, this is only the good reputations of each house. And trust me when I say that EVERY house has a bad side to them as well!

We don't need to wallow in the mud ladies! These descriptions will do just fine.

By: Actually
#2  by: person   

Every house has their bad apples. Stop coming down hard on some houses, and acting yours is perfect. Every sorority has mean, "loose" girls while they also have kind hearted and lovely girls.

Don't pick a house based on tiers. They are superficial and you will more than likely end up disappointed. Choose a house based on how well you RELATE to the girls. You want to be friends with these girls post Ole Miss.

By: person
by: Please!May 20, 2015 6:27:02 AM

Please quit telling pnm's that they will be disappointed if they chose an house based on tiers. His simply isn't true!

Your sorority experience is completely up to you. In a house with 400 other girls, you can find friends and fit it just about anywhere.

Those girls who are disappointed in their sororities are usually guilty of not trying to fit in or not putting themselves out there and make new friends.

You can be involved, or you can hate your sorority, the choice is yours and had nothing to do with tiers!

By: Please!
by: ^WrongMay 20, 2015 10:22:59 AM

I know SO many girls who received bids from bottom houses and they dropped because they thought they were too good for them.

Realize that a some girls who rush are shallow and they will drop a house just because it's bottom tier. Girls who didn't drop but still hate their sorority because they're bitter about being dropped from other houses (they stay for the title of sorority girl)

By: ^Wrong
by: LOLMay 20, 2015 10:24:05 AM

Girls who are disappointed are guilty of not trying to fit in? Really? No, it's all about the titles and the names with SOME girls!

By: LOL
#3  by: Ha   

Gotta love stereotypes.

By: Ha
#4  by: Xo   

What is the story with chi o? I heard they prefer Mississippi girls and girls from OOS often feel left out.

A chi o from my hometown answered my question by saying that's it's no big deal. That she has friends in other houses so it doesn't matter that she doesn't have a ton of friends in her house. I find this sad.

By: Xo
by: not as many May 21, 2015 9:14:06 AM

There is a good amount of jackson girls. However two of my really good friends are chi o one of them is out of state and she loves it. She has a group of friends with half Mississippi and half OOS. I think it depends your personality honestly.

By: not as many
by: oh come onMay 21, 2015 12:48:27 PM

No one excludes someone from the group based on where she's from. Girls include/exclude you based on personality.

By: oh come on
by: ^^^May 21, 2015 1:22:27 PM

I don't necessarily agree with you "oh come on". Mississippi girls tend to stick together.

You have girls from Houston and Dallas and Atlanta and other big cities and they have nothing in common with the small town Mississippi girls.

Mississippi girls often feel inferior and don't mix with big city girls.

I see it across the board in most sororities.

By: ^^^
by: lol^May 21, 2015 4:14:26 PM

SOOOO not the case for most sororities. If small town MS girls feel inferior to big city girls then that's their fault for telling themselves they're not good enough.
I have no idea how you see people not hanging out with MS girls "all across the board" because we really don't care where you're from. If girls feel inferior, then that's their fault.

By: lol^
by: Chi OMay 28, 2015 8:12:30 PM

is a great sorority but so are all of the sororities at OM! The Chi O's are a house where alumni pick the bid lists. Last year, I was uncomfortable, the girls were fairly rude, kind of ignored many of the girls in my group, and most of us were very anxious to leave.
PS I am not from Jackson, I was a chapter legacy….Chi O is not for everyone but it is a great place for some!

By: Chi O
#5  by: uhhh   

Does anyone else think that this girl is trolling Chi O? Cause no where in the OP does it say that Chi O is exclusively in-state. This kinda came out of no where

By: uhhh
by: UmmmmMay 21, 2015 7:12:45 PM

I'm guessing that is because chi o has the largest percent of in state girls. They also get the most Jackson girls.

Jackson girls don't exactly have the best reputations for being friendly to outsiders.

By: Ummmm
by: ^May 21, 2015 10:00:49 PM

VERY true about a lot of Jackson girls not having the best reputation for being friendly to outsiders. Especially the chi o Jackson girls. I love the girls from Jackson that I know and the chi o's that I know and I'm not trying to talk bad about them- but it is very true! But there are lots of Jackson girls who have best friends from other places and from out of state that met in college. I think they are just the kind of girls who once you get to be friends with them they're great, but from the outside looking in, they can seem a little snobby!

By: ^
#6  by: I agree   

I love that you put DG and KD equal! This is totally how I viewed each sorority as I was going through rush!

By: I agree
#7  by: Xo & Jackson    

As far as I'm concerned, xo can take all the Jackson girls they want.

The rest of us don't want them! We are tired of our alumni forcing is to take them.

By: Xo & Jackson
#8  by: Haha   

I agree with 75% of this as well

By: Haha
#9  by: Yes    

This is 100% spot on. couldn't have said it better. This is probably the most accurate one I've seen on GR

By: Yes
by: LolMay 28, 2015 7:38:34 PM

Shhhhh! Don't tell the bottom tier that you agree with this! They will attack!

By: Lol
by: HaMay 29, 2015 6:25:02 AM

It doesn't matter. Op said something nice about all the sororities.

By: Ha

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.