facebook

be honest!

by: Legacy

I am a direct legacy to a top tier sorority but live out of state and have average grades. Should I be worried?

Posted By: Legacy
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Rebel Girl   

Depends on what you mean by average grades. Less than 3.0? Yes, you should be concerned. Less than 2.8? You will have few options, so appreciate it if you get invites. Less than 2.5, maybe try rushing after you get a year of 3.0 college grades on your record. Legacy status will not make up for mediocre grades.

By: Rebel Girl
by: Be honestApr 21, 2015 7:18:36 PM

So if I have a 3.0 I should be fine?

By: Be honest
#2  by: Rebel Girl   

Realize that 3.0 is the lowest that many sororities will consider. There will be lots of girls with much higher GPAs rushing, too. From the Ole Miss web site:

GPA Zones
Green Zone = Your options are not likely limited based on your GPA. (3.0 + )

Yellow Zone = Your options are more likely to be limited by your GPA. (2.8 – 2.99)

Red Zone = Your options are very likely to be limited based on GPA. (2.79 and below)

By: Rebel Girl
#3  by: ??   

Worried about what exactly? Getting a bid to your legacy house or getting a bid to any house?

By: ??
#4  by: Question?   

What do you mean by a direct legacy? Are you an ole miss chapter legacy, or did your mom go to a different school?

Chapter legacy > legacy.

By: Question?
by: .Apr 24, 2015 11:02:20 PM

chapter legacy

By: .
by: ^^^^Apr 25, 2015 11:01:19 AM

Most houses protect their chapter legacies. You will be fine!

By: ^^^^
by: top 6Apr 30, 2015 5:42:49 PM

do all top 6 sororities usually protect their chapter legacies?

By: top 6
by: yesApr 30, 2015 7:17:46 PM

all top 10 sororities protect their in house chapter legacies.

By: yes
#5  by: Chapter legacy   

are you a chapter legacy with a sister currently in the house, a chapter legacy with lots of connections or a chapter legacy whose mother or grandmother was in the chapter years ago and are not active at all with the chapter, that could make a difference. I know girls, including me, who had mothers and grandmothers in chapters at Ole Miss who were released from their legacy chapters. Was I surprised, not really, I was from OOS, knew no one in the chapter, had an acceptable but not great GPA and my mother had not been back to the campus or active with the chapter since she graduated. Am I bitter, not at all, my mother encouraged me to keep an open mind and look for where I felt I belong and I couldn't be happier. Connections are so important and I would make sure to have my recs and support letters in for all the houses.

By: Chapter legacy
by: not opApr 30, 2015 10:04:00 PM

I am chapter legacy (my mother) and she's is mostly involved with her chapter. She pays her yearly dues and things like that. And I do have a few connections to her house but not all that many. Will girls try to get to know me since my mom was in their sorority at ole miss or will they not really care?

By: not op
by: not opApr 30, 2015 11:33:10 PM

Wait..seriously?? I would be like 90% guaranteed a bid if she called the rush advisor? How active would she need to be for this to happen?
But I don't want to be in her chapter if I don't fit in nor do I want anyone to resent me! I'd rather be in a different chapter than her and really fit in.
I've just really been wondering about this because if I love my mom's chapter, then I don't want to get heartbroken, so I'm just curious as to how cherished chapter legacies are during rush because I've seen so many different things said!

By: not op

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.