facebook

out of state students

by: wondering

I am in the process of transferring from the midwest to Ole Miss?

How has everyone's experience at Ole Miss been and being so far away from home? and how has going greek changed your experience?

my family is freaking out and coming up with the most irrational reasons for me not to go. I just want some honest answers from everyone.

Posted By: wondering
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: wondering   

also, do you ever second guess your decision to go to ole miss or are you completely content with it?

By: wondering
by: OOSApr 19, 2015 8:37:21 PM

I'm 800 miles from home. I've never second guess my decision. I love ole miss! Sororities make it easy to make friends, but cliques are formed before we even set foot in campus. Can be hard of those who have a hard time fitting in.

The only time I wish I was at home are on weekend when there are no football games, or parties going on. On those weekends everyone from Mississippi, Tennessee or Alabama usually go home. Campus is dead! There have been many weekends that I have gone home with friends.

By: OOS
#2  by: Hard to say   

Seeing as I too am from the midwest, you're probably gonna want to read this. Honestly my experience has just been okay. The party scene hear is overrated(bars close at 12/1am, frat parties are usually not that great), the whole greek culture thing here gets annoying and honestly i'm gonna be transferring. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of northerners that come hear and love it, I'm just not one of them. Be sure that you're the kind of person who really likes greek life and southern culture before you come here or else you will not enjoy it. Plus side of this school is that there are plenty of nice people and most professors are good.

By: Hard to say
by: wonderingApr 20, 2015 12:30:10 AM

I do like southern culture and greek life! I really want to be apart of both. I think I will fit in at ole miss. I really loved the school when I visited!

By: wondering

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.