facebook

gpa

by: Ole miss pnm

Hi! I'm heavily considering coming to ole miss next year and I'm definitely rushing. I have a 2.7 GPA and I want to know honestly how badly that will affect me in sorority rush, and if I have any chance

Posted By: Ole miss pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: You   

Honestly don't have a chance really anywhere honestly maybe theta and alpha phi but that's about it

By: You
by: NoMar 28, 2015 7:18:46 PM

Theta has a GPA requirement above that, ADPI and Alpha Phi do not.

By: No
#2  by: Sorry   

Your choices are:
1. Becoming a founding member of Alpha Phi
2. Waiting until your sophomore year to rush. Work hard for a really good GPA your freshman year and you'll have a chance during rush.

By: Sorry
#3  by: No   

I have lots of friends who rushed with lower than a 3.0. yes some got released, but some got bids. the way to get a bid is to make sure you have in house connections with active members and alumni. get close with these girls

By: No
#4  by: ^Well...   

Okay connections won't help that much. Alumni have some say in the houses and no one wants to have a grade risk. Even with the connections, alumni will choose girls with higher GPAs.
Sorry but a 2.7 is pretty low and a lot of the sororities' headquarters want 2.8s or higher. Sure its .1 away from the threshold, BUT the minimal GPA won't get you in.

By: ^Well...
#5  by: Guest   

that's the "red" zone for grades so most houses will drop you as a grade risk. Academics are really important to sororities. You could definitely do alpha phi because they aren't doing formal recruitment this year.

By: Guest
#6  by: Good luck   

Kappa released all below 3.4 national rule.

By: Good luck
by: noApr 2, 2015 8:19:15 PM

I just checked and it is a 3.2(HS) ,but nothing lower. 2.75 (college).

By: no

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.