facebook

spring parties

by: OMRrebel

I'll be a junior transfer student this fall and I am interested in rushing a fraternity. I am in-state, but I don't know anyone on campus. Would it be beneficial or frowned upon if I went to some of the spring parties?

Posted By: OMRrebel
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Beneficial    

You absolutely must go to spring parties. Rushing as a junior will be difficult and you'll need all the friends and connections you can possibly get. There will be a spring party every weekend in April, some in March, and one or two in February. Go to as many as you can and be social.

By: Beneficial
#2  by: ??   

You live in Mississippi, I assume went to school in MIssissippi, but you know NO ONE at Ole Miss? You don't indicate if you are a man or woman, so we don't know if you are planning to rush fraternities or sororities. I don't really see this working out for you, no matter which gender you are.

By: ??
by: ^^^Jan 29, 2015 1:16:16 PM

Wan..wan. buzz kill

By: ^^^
by: ??Jan 29, 2015 8:33:54 PM

How the hell did I miss that you want to rush a fraternity? Sorry.... please ignore my un-caffeinated post.

By: ??
#3  by: OMRebel   

I did mention I am interested in joining a fraternity. That fact alone should imply I am a man. I graduated in a class of 32 from a small private school. Basically everyone in my class went to a community college, and the few that did not went to Mississippi State. I've met a few people at my community college that are going to Ole Miss, but they have no interest in rushing. Therein lies my dilemma.

By: OMRebel
by: @OMRebelJan 29, 2015 1:12:20 PM

I'm sorry about the b itc hy message you received from @?? You'll find a good bit of these self entitled princesses here but don't pay any attention to them as no one else does either. @ beneficial gave you great advice. However, you will have a harder time rushing as a Jr. with no connections. The good news is you have time. The fraternities just initiated last year's pledge class so they have not begun to think about 2015. So start networking now! When you find some you wish to be a part of let them know that you're interested.

By: @OMRebel
#4  by: OMRebel   

Thanks for all the replies! I'll be heading up to Oxford every weekend in April to make an attempt at networking during the Spring parties.

By: OMRebel

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.