facebook

weight

by: Wondering

Realistically, how skinny do you have to be for top tier/upper middle tier? I'm currently 5'6 and about 150 pounds, would I need to lose weight to fit in with the sorority girls here? They all seem so gorgeous and tiny and perfect.

Posted By: Wondering
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Lol   

You clearly haven't been on campus. There are overweight girls in every sorority, even top tier. And yes you could lose 15 pounds and look great, but it shouldn't effect your rush very much.

By: Lol
#2  by: truth   

Prob wanna cross kappa off of your list. they don't take many bigger girls IF they take any.

By: truth
by: @hahaDec 22, 2014 12:09:39 PM

i didn't see many. maybe two or three

By: @haha
#3  by: BE YOURSELF   

NO, all sorority girls, even in the "top" houses, are not all tiny and gorgeous and perfect. Never let anyone manipulate you. Be yourself. If you are healthy at 150, stay there. How about looking for a chapter where you fit in, that will love and accept you for who YOU are, no matter what your weight is. Seriously... do you want to join a sorority that would want you only if you were perfect and tiny?

By: BE YOURSELF
#4  by: rlytall   

Will being like 5'9 hurt or help me whe. I rush?

By: rlytall
by: WowDec 23, 2014 8:10:30 PM

You are so insecure, it's pathetic. You need to work on that because rush is stressful enough without worrying about your height and weight. You can easily drop 15 pounds before next fall. Do it

By: Wow
#5  by: What?   

Why in the hell would being on the tall side (not even THAT tall) help or hurt you during rush?? That is just stupid....

By: What?
#6  by: Why lie to these people?   

Yes, an overweight girl can get in any sorority on campus, but for many it's kind of like having below a 3.0 average. A few with connections or other factors militating in their favor will get a bid; most will not.

It's January. There is plenty of time to lose weight, so start walking on a treadmill for a half-hour a day and cut back on the food. If you just can't lose the weight consider going to Mexico for gastric sleeve surgery. It only costs about $7,000, and they don't make you see a million shrinks. I know people who have done this and they look great. The gastric sleeve doesn't have any of the problems that the lap-band had, and it actually removes portions of the stomach that produce ghrelin, so you simply will not be hungry.

By: Why lie to these people?
#7  by: Confidence   

Your weight will not affect anything!!! You're not even overweight! Especially with your height! For me, I tried to lose some weight before rush not because I needed to, but because I wanted to be able to be more confident in myself during the experience!

By: Confidence

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.