facebook

gpa

by: Greeeeeeeek

What's considered an acceptable gpa for rushing a sorority? Mainly top tier. Which house is the most lenient?

Posted By: Greeeeeeeek
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Gpa   

You will need at least a 3.0 pretty much across the board unless you are a legacy or have really good friends in the sorority.

The only sororities that took grade risks that I'm aware in is pi phi and ADPi. Pi phi took a friend of mine with a 2.9. ADPi took a lot of girls with below a 3.0. Chi o took a legacy with a 2.6. I'm sure their are other exceptions, but not many.

If you have below a 3.0, expect huge cuts.

By: Gpa
by: @GPAJul 29, 2014 9:08:59 AM

I am sure there are grade risk in every sorority. I know for a fact DG has taken grade risks in the past couple of years. One was a legacy. It is all in the networking and legacy.

By: @GPA
#2  by: Yes....   

Every sorority has a couple of grade risks per pledge class. Some are legacies, some they just weren't willing to lose, some might be close friends that know circumstances played a factor. But except for just several cases per house, almost every sorority (Theta and ADPi being the most lenient) expect at least a 3.0. But Chi O and DG especially generally look for higher.

By: Yes....
#3  by: K   

Even a 3.0-3.2 is bare minimum for some houses, remember, most every girl was a cheerleader or dancer, or did Bible study, so you need to standout. That 3.1 GPA that you think is acceptable, it is but if in the final days it comes down to you and several other nice girls, the girls with better GPAs will usually have better odds. Not trying to be mean, but it is an objective way to evaluate someone.

By: K
by: YesJul 29, 2014 2:54:55 PM

This is very true. Especially in a handful of sororities.

By: Yes
#4  by: Weighted?   

Do sororities take your weighted GPA or unweighted? Also, how does an unweighted 3.4 look to sororities?

By: Weighted?
by: JojoJul 29, 2014 7:23:12 PM

They only look at unweighted. That 3.4 might look really bad, depending on what scale it was.

By: Jojo
by: @jojoJul 30, 2014 8:44:19 AM

The 3.4 would be on a 4.0 scale.

By: @jojo
by: ^^^Jul 30, 2014 10:33:45 AM

An unweighted 3.4 will look good to pretty much all the houses. However, there are many girls going through with 4.0s. The only way they will choose you over them would be if you have friends in the house or have an in house alumni pulling for you.

By: ^^^
#5  by: Forreal   

3.0 and ur good. 2.9- you'll probably get a house if you have the recs and the involvement and the connections.

By: Forreal

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.