facebook

COB @ ole misssss

by: Ellalalala

How does COB work here? Do all the houses do cob? If I got dropped during fall recruitment do I still have a chance at the good houses during COB? How will it affect my social life?

Posted By: Ellalalala
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: which one is it   

So much to ask here. Let's start with this one -
Do you mean you were dropped from ALL houses, or you dropped out yourself because you didn't get asked back to SOME houses? There's a difference and if you want an honest answer to your COB question then answer honestly.

By: which one is it
by: EllalalalaMar 13, 2024 9:29:34 PM

I haven’t even gone through recruitment yet lol I’m just asking what COB would be like if I got dropped from houses that I liked

By: Ellalalala
by: which one is itMar 14, 2024 9:09:54 AM

Houses that drop you during recruitment ARE NOT going to turn around and offer you a COB. "Once dropped always dropped" is a real thing at Ole Miss and the memberships here are so large that many houses, not all but many, don't really want to COB just to fill spots anyway. And Ole Miss doesn't have a separate upperclassmen quota, so if you wait a year you will be competing with freshmen for spots and be at a huge disadvantage.

Your best chance to be in a sorority is during formal recruitment as a freshman.

If you want to join a sisterhood and have an amazing sorority experience at Ole Miss, any of the sororities can offer that to you. Don't be close-minded or focus on houses that drop you, focus on the ones that keep inviting you back. COB is nothing to count on at all here.

By: which one is it
#2  by: Always possible!    

There were many girls this year that got CO bids right after bid day. Some were indeeddropped by those houses. I would guess each year it varies depending on quality of the girl that they could pick up and if they are able to, depending on their numbers.
For example if they cut an awesome girl thinking she had strong ties elsewhere but would love to have her they might would come back and grab her.

By: Always possible!
by: ^Mar 14, 2024 11:16:35 PM

No, not correct at all. Houses that bid to quota can't COB until after Chapter Total is reset, which is not right after bid day. The houses that did offer COB right after bid day were the ones that didn't bid to quota. And AXO offered COB's because this was their very first participation in formal recruitment, and they are still establishing. Chapter Total will not increase until AXO is at full membership, so fewer COB's all around for other houses.

Dropping out of recruitment in hopes of getting a second chance at a house that dropped you is a BAD strategy.

By: ^
by: sorryApr 16, 2024 2:30:15 PM

Once you are dropped from a house, you WILL NOT get a bid from that house. Please do not make a mistake and drop out of recruitment with that as your back up plan. You will miss out on so much fun and the opportunity to make lasting friendships.

By: sorry
by: HmmApr 17, 2024 9:25:30 AM

Chi o and tri delt having any with appi^

By: Hmm
#3  by: Do not count on COB    

Any chapter that bids to quota does not COB. Once Total(Median Chapter size) is reset those chapters above at total or above total will not COB. Usually the only chapters who are not at total are the ones on Rebel Drive (not XO). So if you are counting on COB to get into a top house it is a very longshot at best.

By: Do not count on COB
by: !!Apr 15, 2024 6:07:33 PM

Add phi mu^

By: !!
#4  by: Um   

AXO ADPi AOPi APhi will snap bid on Bissau to fill their houses. Other houses will rarely COB 1-2 in spring if they have seniors go early alum, graduate in December or transfer. Its a very small number and usually a girl that didn’t go through recruitment bc she transferred to Ole Miss and a lot of times she is a legacy or was in a chapter at a different school or her bf is a high profile athlete transfer.

Go through recruitment as a freshman and bid a house that asks you to pref and be happy with your second house. Ole Miss is a small system with large houses and absolutely the hardest recruitment in the SEC

By: Um
by: WrongApr 16, 2024 3:41:33 PM

You must be a pi phi! I personally know 3 pi phi’s who got a snap bid on bid day. They belong in that group.

By: Wrong
by: What?Apr 16, 2024 5:28:30 PM

Pi phi had one of the largest cob numbers…? Even had a second round of initiation for all the new people they had to take

By: What?
by: wowApr 16, 2024 5:56:45 PM

Um is an idiot if she thinks that a COB goes to a girl who was in a chapter at a different school. There is so much ignorance on this site.

By: wow
by: HollerrrrApr 16, 2024 7:20:37 PM

Pi phi and aopi literally have date parties together? They’re on the same level if you want to talk about how bad aopi is then….

By: Hollerrrr
by: ???Apr 17, 2024 5:43:08 AM

So one sorority should not socialize with another because they think they are better. People are so mean on here because they hide behind their comments. The “top” sororities are NOT the prettiest girls. They are just all friends from Mississippi. Must suck to not be able to leave your home state to go to college.

By: ???
by: HmmApr 17, 2024 9:24:48 AM

Pi phis up early, chi o and kd have date parties together. Everyone stays in their lane. You don’t see tri delt and chi o having parties together anytime soon

by: HmmApr 17, 2024 9:26:34 AM

Chi o and tri delt having any with aopi or pi phi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.